Fire Protection Assessment

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2021, 08:57 PM

The last question. For those who live in Marion or Lake county, how much do you pay for fire protection? How much is your maximum assessment and have you received any notification of the assessment increase like us who live in Sumter within last 5 years or so?
Old 04-13-2021, 10:30 AM

I read the Executive Summary The Villages Florida They are planning to remove most of the fire service funding from the general fund so the $360 is likely next year!
Old 04-13-2021, 12:09 PM
Gold member

The real question here is: Why isn't the Developer paying a fire impact fee for each new house he builds?

The massive expansion of The Villages will require a massive number of new fire stations and equipment. Via a fire impact fee, the cost of those should be borne by The Developer and, to the extent the cost is passed on in the form of higher prices, by the new residents. These costs should not be offloaded on to the present residents of Sumter County.

Because the Developer had 5 puppets on the Sumter County Commission for years, he has been successful in offloading on to the present residents the infrastructure costs of his expansion of The Villages. Thus, we had a 25% property tax hike, and the Developer's sweetheart impact fee remained untouched. None of this is mentioned in today's front-page Daily Sun article by the Developer's Minister of Propaganda David R. Corder.

Enough is enough!
Old 04-13-2021, 04:38 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Yes, 58 percent of their deployments are for medical emergencies, not fires.
The key word here is emergencies. I have no problem with that as they arrive in just a few minutes, the ambulances can be well over 20 minutes.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:43 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
The last question. For those who live in Marion or Lake county, how much do you pay for fire protection? How much is your maximum assessment and have you received any notification of the assessment increase like us who live in Sumter within last 5 years or so?
When did we here in Sumter receive a notification of a assessment increase? I must be missing something as all I have read about is increasing the maximum "allowable" assessment.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:55 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
The real question here is: Why isn't the Developer paying a fire impact fee for each new house he builds?

The massive expansion of The Villages will require a massive number of new fire stations and equipment. Via a fire impact fee, the cost of those should be borne by The Developer and, to the extent the cost is passed on in the form of higher prices, by the new residents. These costs should not be offloaded on to the present residents of Sumter County.

Because the Developer had 5 puppets on the Sumter County Commission for years, he has been successful in offloading on to the present residents the infrastructure costs of his expansion of The Villages. Thus, we had a 25% property tax hike, and the Developer's sweetheart impact fee remained untouched. None of this is mentioned in today's front-page Daily Sun article by the Developer's Minister of Propaganda David R. Corder.

Enough is enough!
I guess you want the developer to pay for one's oatmeal too.

Last edited by Joe V.; 04-13-2021 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
I guess you want the developer pay for one's oatmeal too.
With sugar on top.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:

Enough is enough!
Doesn't the developer already build the fire stations and then turn them over to the CDD? I thought I read that somewhere, is it not true?

"Massive number of new fire stations?" Just how many new fire stations constitute a "Massive number?"

Your song has already gotten old and I haven't been here that long.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-13-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:

Old 04-13-2021, 06:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
No, I just want him to pay for his own county infrastructure instead of having his puppet County Commissioners require the present residents to do so. You disagree with that?
Old 04-13-2021, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Today's challenge. Can we get through an entire sentence without the words puppet or sweetheart?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 04-13-2021, 08:09 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
No, I just want him to pay for his own county infrastructure instead of having his puppet County Commissioners require the present residents to do so. You disagree with that?

I am just amazed how you think you have so much more to offer than the rest of us mere mortals. Why do you hate a successful business so much?
Old 04-13-2021, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
The more homes and businesses you have the greater the tax base. Taxes and fire assessments should go down not up.
That’s what I thought when the added 350 new homes in my district. Wrong taxes still when up over 200 dollars.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
With sugar on top.

And drink.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I am just amazed how you think you have so much more to offer than the rest of us mere mortals. Why do you hate a successful business so much?
I am not the issue here, and I admire successful businesses-- unless they expect the taxpayers to subsidize their operations-- which is what has been going on in Sumter County.

The issue here is who should pay for the county infrastructure necessitated by the Developer's massive expansion of The Villages. That was the issue in the last county commissioner election. In that election, the voters decided, when they booted the Developer's puppets out by a 2-to-1 margin, that the infrastructure should be paid for by the Developer.
Closed Thread

Tags
assessment, fire, rate, current, protection

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.