Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   firefighter needs help (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/firefighter-needs-help-291232/)

Dan9871 05-11-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl (Post 1648777)
D
I hope it isn't a "Go Fund Me" site because they take a percentage of the proceeds.

GoFundMe doesn't take any fee for. However the credit card processor will charge a fee (which doesn't go to GoFundMe). It's the same fee that is charged when you use a credit card in a store, but the store eats it. But GoFundMe is not selling anything so they have no way to eat the credit card processor fee. Most charities work this way.

details are here:

Free Fundraising: Why We Are Free - GoFundMe

BobnBev 05-11-2019 07:45 PM

I went up there today, around noon. 3 or 4 cars waiting in front of me. The line moved fairly quickly. When it was my turn, there was 6 cars behind me. Did a nice job on the wash, but the windshield was a mess when I got home. The firemen looked like they were having a good time. If they have another one, closer to TV, I will definitely go again.----Damn bugs on the windshield.:MOJE_whot::boom:

BobnBev 05-12-2019 09:02 AM

If there's gonna be another one, please post it on here

bilcon 05-12-2019 10:03 AM

Soooooo Where do you send the donations and don't tell me it is one of those phony fund raising companies like the cops use. They lead you to believe they are members of the police and are raising money for the Police Benevolent Fund and then take 1/2 of the money. I want to donate to the family, but I want it all to go to them.
I read the article and really feel badly. Think of all the causes and time spend on fund raising, and sending supplies here and there in TV. What about this fire fighter who is working in TV. Someone please post a place to send the donations. Thanks.

Villageswimmer 05-12-2019 11:15 AM

I sent an email to the Public Safety Department immediately after reading the article asking where I can send or deliver a check. I don’t use GoFundMe for several reasons. I have still not received a reply from them. I will post the info when/if I do.

Velvet 05-12-2019 12:24 PM

Me too, I’d like to donate, I do need an actual address etc as I would be sending a check from another country. Beautiful little girl, she’d be in grade 2 where I used to teach.

Bogie Shooter 05-12-2019 02:55 PM

Checking
Probably open a local checking account in a few minutes.

fw102807 05-17-2019 07:32 AM

They have raised $37,000 on GoFundMe and whatever they raised with the car wash. It's nice to see such generosity for this first responder.