First alligator.

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2017, 09:14 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts
Default First alligator.

Being new to Florida we were sort of happy to see our first alligator yesterday evening. It was on the bank of the pond at the Fenney outdoor exercise area where we were walking our dog in the shade. To guess a size I would say between 5 and 6 feet long which Seemed large to us especially in such a small pond. We hope to see more in the future but preferably not so near to us. There is also a lot of nice waterfowl down here that we have never seen before, a lot of nature and a great place to live.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Sage
Default First alligator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Being new to Florida we were sort of happy to see our first alligator yesterday evening. It was on the bank of the pond at the Fenney outdoor exercise area where we were walking our dog in the shade. To guess a size I would say between 5 and 6 feet long which Seemed large to us especially in such a small pond. We hope to see more in the future but preferably not so near to us. There is also a lot of nice waterfowl down here that we have never seen before, a lot of nature and a great place to live.

If you look around, especially when on the golf courses, you will see many more. And I would say that the gator you saw was not really large. One of the reasons I love golfing here has to do with the wildlife and beauty of the surroundings.

I lived in another state that also had gators. The state estimated that, in areas where gators lived, their rule of thumb was one gator per acre of water. Imagine if that is the case here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by dbussone; 07-28-2017 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Correction of misspelled word.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Please be very careful with your dog near the alligators. The alligators do eat dogs.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:41 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,773 Times in 3,641 Posts

Enjoy from a distance.
Closed Thread

Tags
lot, pond, alligator, preferably, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.