First confirmed COVID-19 case in Lake County

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2020, 07:34 PM

I spoke today to a healthcare professional who advised me they have four "presumptive cases" at the hospital this person works at alone. The cases have not been confirmed due to continued obstacles to testing.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDB View Post
I spoke today to a healthcare professional who advised me they have four "presumptive cases" at the hospital this person works at alone. The cases have not been confirmed due to continued obstacles to testing.
The person should be fired immediately. HIPPA rights have been violated.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:14 PM
Location: Lima,OH;St.Paul,MN;Vallejo,CA;Pennsacola,FL;Fremont,OH,Naperville,IL,Sylvania,OH,Fernandina

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Hmmmm……..Quarantine 330,000,000 individuals because of 3,487 cases and 63 deaths nationwide?? I suppose that is one point of view, but in that case why don't we quarantine 330,000,000 every year from Dec-April for the 40,000,000 cases and 36.000 deaths from influenza
Now, if we over-react and drive the nation or the world into a global depression, how many MILLIONS of lives will that take?
A cry in the wilderness from a man of science.

Henry A. Kissinger
Old 03-16-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
The person should be fired immediately. HIPPA rights have been violated.
Hippa rights only pertain to a specific named person's medical condition or records. Not done in this case.
Also, I know someone who works at The Villages Hospital who told of at least 2 cases seen at the hospital today.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Might happen here with confirmed cases?

Associated Press:
SAN FRANCISCO >> Officials in seven San Francisco Bay Area counties issued a sweeping shelter-in-place mandate today affecting about 7 million people, ordering residents to stay at home and go outside only for food, medicine and outings that are absolutely essential.

The order says residents must stay inside and venture out only for necessities for three weeks starting Tuesday in a desperate attempt by officials to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.

(From Honolulu Star Advertiser)
Old 03-16-2020, 10:47 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Might happen here with confirmed cases?

Associated Press:
SAN FRANCISCO >> Officials in seven San Francisco Bay Area counties issued a sweeping shelter-in-place mandate today affecting about 7 million people, ordering residents to stay at home and go outside only for food, medicine and outings that are absolutely essential.

The order says residents must stay inside and venture out only for necessities for three weeks starting Tuesday in a desperate attempt by officials to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.

(From Honolulu Star Advertiser)
Just wait until the virus gets into the homeless population in SF.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-17-2020, 04:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
Americans "should be prepared that they're going to have to hunker down significantly more than we as a country are doing" to fight the growing COVID-19 outbreak, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Sunday on NBC News' "Meet the Press."

Asked whether the U.S. should consider a 14-day national shutdown similar to those in Europe, he said: "I would prefer as much as we possibly could. I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting."

Hey Doc. Good to hear from you. Ever notice when you disagree with someone's opinion you always tag on a snide little putdown? Just curious why you do that? I have my thoughts...
Maybe because this is just cold factual science and medicine; there is no room for "opinion", especially misinformative posts that promote panic
Old 03-17-2020, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
The Italian model started with Chinese investors buying up much of the leather and textile businesses located in Northern Italy. Then the Italians allowed about 100,000 Chinese from the Wuhan area to work in Northern Italy at these facilities. The Italians even established nonstop flights between Milan and Wuhan. When this virus started infecting people in the area some nut job Italian politician encouraged Italian folks to "hug a Chinese". It all went downhill from there.
Very interesting, I had no idea but now it makes sense. Thanks
Old 03-17-2020, 05:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
... up to 155 now. IMHO, every hour the administration delays a nationwide quarantine is another hour the virus spreads.

If everyone quarantined immediately, this would effectively end in a matter of weeks with the virus dying out. These half measures of restaurant partial closures, etc... simply extend the misery and ultimately increase the overall spread and number of deaths.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, it appears we're choosing to follow the Italian model of spread and death. Eventually, when the numbers are high enough, the administration will make the hard choice to order a nationwide mandatory quarantine.
So, you want Martial Law? Why do you need the gov to impose a quarantine on you? Can't you do it yourself?
Old 03-17-2020, 05:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Americans "should be prepared that they're going to have to hunker down significantly more than we as a country are doing" to fight the growing COVID-19 outbreak, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Sunday on NBC News' "Meet the Press."

Asked whether the U.S. should consider a 14-day national shutdown similar to those in Europe, he said: "I would prefer as much as we possibly could. I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting."

Hey Doc. Good to hear from you. Ever notice when you disagree with someone's opinion you always tag on a snide little putdown? Just curious why you do that? I have my thoughts...
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
So, you want Martial Law? Why do you need the gov to impose a quarantine on you? Can't you do it yourself?
I'm betting a cyber-donut, that there's at least one person with authority...thinking hard about implementing Martial Law.

Betting a dozen donuts, that the term emerges...within a week.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Just wait until the virus gets into the homeless population in SF.
Will they be ordered to stay home in their card board homes?
Old 03-17-2020, 05:35 AM

First of all it is HIPAA not HIPPA. AND HIPAA laws about protecting individuals health information are trumped when there is a possible danger to others in the community. Hospitals have an obligation to report communicable diseases to proper authorities.
For god's sake people, would it kill you to practice social distancing? As far as a nationwide quarantine.... we haven't faced the worst yet. Quarantining too early will promote "fatigue". People will get tired of being isolated and begin to break the quarantine before it is safe.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Will they be ordered to stay home in their card board homes?
There is a whole town of homeless in Ocala Forest.
They have built a community for themselves, and will probably look after each other better than a lot of TV population.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:37 AM

I believe that quote is from George Carlin!
Closed Thread

Tags
case, lady, lake, department, health

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.