First confirmed COVID-19 case in Lake County

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2020, 02:12 PM

Moments ago I received an email from The Villages entitled "An Important Message from Our Chief Medical Officer Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)." The message further explains why none have yet to test positive in The Villages. I'll quote directly from the email.

Quote:
Testing kits will be available at The Villages Health Care Centers very soon. Only ten (10) kits per care center will be available at a time, and will be given to patients who exhibit symptoms per CDC guidelines.
Please note that the availability of testing kits is STILL in the future sense. They STILL don't have any. The believe they will get some "very soon" without saying what "very soon" means. Even then they will be limited to just ten per hospital allowing them to be used only on those the CDC defines as eligible based on their symptoms. A week ago the President told you that if your doctor ordered a test you could have it done. Still not true.

The Florida Department of Health has some interesting statistics regarding testing. Here are the numbers.

Total Tests Performed = 2004
Positive Results = 192
Negative Results = 940
Results Still Pending = 872

If you add Positive Results and Negative Results together you get the total number of tests performed and resolved. That number is 1132 of which 192 were positive for positive results rate of 17%. If you apply that to the 872 results still pending the expectation would be about 148 more would test positive, without a single new test being performed.

Of course one of the theories is that the more testing gets done the lower that percentage of positives will be. At least with the limited data I have, not only is that theory not supported but the reverse is true. Yesterday I noted the above figures as follows.

Total Tests Performed = 1824
Positive Results = 160
Negative Results = 816
Results Still Pending = 848

So if you do the subtraction on this between yesterday and today an additional 156 tests were resolved. Of these 32 were positive. That's positive test rate of 20.5%. So the most recent tests resolved are actually above the overall positive test rate. If the more recent data is used then the expected positives for the 872 results still pending is about 179 more positives without a single additional test being performed. That's nearly the total number of positives now, without a single additional test being performed.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:40 PM
Default Hmmmm? This is confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
[newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/16/the-chinese-workers-who-assemble-designer-bags-in-tuscany]The Chinese Workers Who Assemble Designer Bags in Tuscany | The New Yorker[/url]
1- The New Yorker article you referred to was written 2 years ago. Before the virus happened.
2- Also the entire article is about how in the 80s, Chinese workers came over to work in sweatshops for high end fashion designers in Italy.

Everything you mentioned in your post has nothing to do with THIS NYer article. Do you have other evidence about a hundred thousand Chinese people coming to Italy and infecting them? I don't think you do. I don't think that's true. Good luck to us all...

That's my two cents, it's worth what you paid for it...
Old 03-17-2020, 03:53 PM

When did Wuhan become Wenshou? The New Yorker article references Wenshou, nearly 900 km from Wuhan.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todayscoolfacts View Post
Just saw on the news that a woman in the Lady Lake area was tested positive for coronavirus. The Florida Department of Health say her case is travel related. Stay healthy everyone!
Yes. 1 in Lake Cty :/
Old 03-17-2020, 04:01 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,621 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
So do you actually have any support for the alternative facts above? There sure isn't any in the article that GoodLife offered a link to. Instead, it says that the workers came from Wenzhou, a port city over 500 miles from Wuhan. It further states that "More than ten per cent of Prato’s two hundred thousand legal residents are Chinese." - a far cry from 100,000. The non-stop flights? Actually "between Wenzhou and Rome". Also missing from the NewYorker article is any mention whatsoever of Wuhan.

I'm afraid that this kind of looks like another case of reckless misinformation or rumor-mongering regarding the COVID-19 virus.
Your sources may be far better than mine.

CORONA VIRUS EXCLUSIVE: WHY ITALY? - AltNewsMedia

Expert: Chinese Scientists Sell Lab Animals as Meat on the Black Market

David Vance
@DVATW
Many Italians in Northern Italy sold their leather goods and textiles companies to China. Italy then allowed 100,000 Chinese from Wuhan/Wenzhou to move to Italy to work in these factories, with direct Wuhan flights. Result: Northern Italy is Europe’s hotspot for Wuhan Coronavirus
5:03 AM · Mar 12, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Ret

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 03-17-2020 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Your sources may be far better than mine.

CORONA VIRUS EXCLUSIVE: WHY ITALY? - AltNewsMedia

Expert: Chinese Scientists Sell Lab Animals as Meat on the Black Market

David Vance
@DVATW
Many Italians in Northern Italy sold their leather goods and textiles companies to China. Italy then allowed 100,000 Chinese from Wuhan/Wenzhou to move to Italy to work in these factories, with direct Wuhan flights. Result: Northern Italy is Europe’s hotspot for Wuhan Coronavirus
5:03 AM · Mar 12, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Ret
I KNEW IT!

Post #8.

For Prescience Check...Click Here

Yo GE, you said you didn't believe anything posted on political sites and yet...this Twitter is from Breitbart.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDB View Post
Moments ago I received an email from The Villages entitled "An Important Message from Our Chief Medical Officer Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)." The message further explains why none have yet to test positive in The Villages. I'll quote directly from the email.

The Florida Department of Health has some interesting statistics regarding testing. Here are the numbers.

Total Tests Performed = 2004
Positive Results = 192
Negative Results = 940
Results Still Pending = 872

It's up to 216 with 7 deaths total (including Florida residents who died outside Florida)
Old 03-17-2020, 09:19 PM
Angry The virus is airborne for 3 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by APovi View Post
If I stay the recommended "6-feet' distance from other people AND I never touch my face - Am I 'immune' from infection?
It can't be that simple - Can it?
If not, how else can I get infected?:
Princeton medical published this information a handful of days ago. The virus can live in the air for up to 3 hours, thus spreading transmission even when you wash your hands. They are debating the size of the droplets spread when an infected person sneezes. If large, they would go to the floor, if smaller, they can stay airborne through ventilation, fans, etc. That, and the fact that an infected person can stay contagious for the 2 weeks, versus a number of days for the flu, makes this a dangerous combination.

I would suggest if you must go to a store or bank, go as soon as they open, hoping for the least likelihood of infection preceding you.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsALLaboutTheLOVE View Post
1- The New Yorker article you referred to was written 2 years ago. Before the virus happened.
2- Also the entire article is about how in the 80s, Chinese workers came over to work in sweatshops for high end fashion designers in Italy.

Everything you mentioned in your post has nothing to do with THIS NYer article. Do you have other evidence about a hundred thousand Chinese people coming to Italy and infecting them? I don't think you do. I don't think that's true. Good luck to us all...

That's my two cents, it's worth what you paid for it...
Sorry, posted the wrong link previously, had 20 tabs open. This is the correct link below.

Northern Italy & Wuhan: Partners for Better or Worse

Northern Italy & Wuhan: Partners for Better or Worse - Italy Health China

Last edited by GoodLife; 03-18-2020 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:25 PM

Florida DOH just posted its numbers and I have performed a similar analysis to what I did yesterday to determine the percentage of positive tests. Despite many more tests being done, the percentage testing positive jumped from 20.5% to 30%. Here are the numbers.

Total Tested = 2493 (+489 from the day before)
Total Positive = 314 (+122)
Total Negative = 1225 (+285)
Tests Pending = 954 (+82)

Adding the positive and negative gains together yields 407 tests resolved between yesterday and today. Of those 122 were positive, so 30% of those tests resolved between yesterday and today were positive. That number yesterday from the day before was 20.5%. Yesterday the overall average was 17%. That's now been pulled up 20%.

If we apply the most recent figure of 30% to the 954 pending tests, then about 286 of those pending tests would come up positive without a single additional test being performed.

Notably more tests are being performed. The figure today jumped 489 from yesterday. Whereas yesterday jumped only 180 from the day before it. So more than double the tests are getting done.

Much more are being resolved too. The test resolved increase of 407 today compares to just 156 for the day before, again much more than double.
Closed Thread

Tags
case, lady, lake, department, health

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.