First golf cart ride to the Village of Richmond

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneysblue View Post
I agree. Please post a picture of this flag with the American flag. They may be mistaken, it could even be the Union Jack.
Nope, it’s the confederate flag. Flying at the entrance of Verandas North, Henrico Ave

Last edited by CorZd; 11-29-2022 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Title
Old 11-29-2022, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
With the recent state of Wokeism Florida will be rewriting laws to revise history, everything will be alright. Someday you will never hear or read about the Rosewood (1923)and Ocoee (1920) Massacre or the Dade (1835) Massacre and Axe Handle Saturday (1960).
Care to cite a source for that ridiculous claim?

-Tom Petty
Old 11-29-2022, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardlyworking View Post
I was over there this morning, didn’t see any confederate flag.
Henrico Ave. Entrance to Verandas North.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
I have lived in New England all my life ..... until I moved here 5 years ago. I'm a dyed in the wool Yankee. However, I find nothing wrong with seeing the "Confederate" flag waving in the breeze. It's a source of pride for many southeners, and it really has nothing to do with slavery. It's just the misinformation that has been put out there for several generations, that people start to believe that misnomer. And if the Confederate flag offends people, then I feel sorry for them because they really are emotionally weak, thin skinned people.
Go visit a Civil War cemetery in S. Carolina and read the headstones. There are hundreds of Yankee dead buried there, and their burial was respectful and honorable. The headstones are engraved with the soldier's name, unit, state and date of death, and even today, the cemetery is well preserved, and open to all visitors.
Good one.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
And what did I see? A confederate flag....It was even on the same pole as the American flag.
Last I heard, this was still the United States of America. We “Northerners” came down here for the warm weather and comfortable standard of living. If someone wants to fly the confederate flag on their private property, that’s their right. We may be offended by it, but everyone will be offended by something at some point. As another commenter said, if you don’t like it, don’t look at it. We can’t live our lives trying to please other people. That’s what’s called Freedom. Ask the protesters in China about that.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
Last I heard, this was still the United States of America. We “Northerners” came down here for the warm weather and comfortable standard of living. If someone wants to fly the confederate flag on their private property, that’s their right. We may be offended by it, but everyone will be offended by something at some point. As another commenter said, if you don’t like it, don’t look at it. We can’t live our lives trying to please other people. That’s what’s called Freedom. Ask the protesters in China about that.
Thanks, Brynnie. That is one of the many very intelligent posts in this thread.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:51 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,621 Times in 1,764 Posts

One flag makes me very happy when I see it. Martini Time!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
flag, pole, confederate, golf, richmond

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.