first TOTV meeting!

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Sage
Default Re: first TOTV meeting!

I look forward to seeing Reds pictures. It was such a pleasure meeting all of you.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinItAtTheVillages
well no worries if you got cut out of that one..RedWitch took lots with her camera..and will post them soon Im sure

Im the one in front with Red jacket and behind me in Red is Barefoot..
I will have to say hi to Barefoot at Last sometime at the Doggie Doo Run Run. Just hope she is not barefoot there as they do call it doggie doo for good reason. :joke:
Old 01-20-2008, 03:47 PM

I wanted to tell all of you how much I enjoyed meeting everyone at the luncheon...laughed and had a great time...TV is all about living life to the fullest...this is a wonderful place...and for those of you that are not here yet but with us all in spirit...you have so much to look forward to...and thats no bull...
Old 01-20-2008, 04:08 PM

I am so glad I went. It was nice meeting so many from TOTV. I look forward to attending each month. Thanks Barefoot for organizing.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Gold member

Definately ,thanks to Barefoot for getting us out to meet each other. :#1:
Looking forward to next month, see you there. :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage

It was a pleasure to post the info about the TOTV luncheon, renew some old acquaintenances and meet some new Chat Packers. ;D

It was too bad that Fumar and Tal weren't there .. I think we are all curious to meet them ... perhaps next time. (Tal ... I am at Doggy Doo Run every single day with Brutus and Biggins, usually in big dog park. Please come say hi).

Next luncheon is Friday February 15, at 3 PM! Crispers seemed to work well, and if the weather is better, we can use the outdoor patio. :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

Oh darn...I wont be here for the next meeting...
I will be in Merritt Island for a few days 14-16th

Have a great time!
but if March is the 21st I should be there

Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Veteran member

I missed this one because I totally forgot!!! Seems like I do that a lot lately. I will post the next one on my BIG calendar and won't forget. I only live across the road from Crispers and can't believe I forgot!!! DUH!!!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Sage

Redwitch is suggesting we should change the venue; so I'll leave it to her to suggest one (hopefully central) for the February 15 luncheon.

Fran, sorry you missed the lunch, it was fun. ;D
Old 01-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Dancing Thyme

Barb

What's the reason for the change? It was confusing enough keeping everyone informed and on track, so my own opinion (and I think Barb's too) is not to change the venue or date unless absolutely necessary.

And if we want to keep this going consistently on a monthly basis, I agree with Barb, that we need to keep it less confusing and with so many people coming and going it would be best to just maintain the time and place as much as possible.

This too is my opinion. Kath :redface:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The problem is that the tables were on a long bench on one side and two chairs on the other. This meant a very long banquet arrangement that made it hard to get up when needed. More importantly, you could really only talk to the people right next to you. So, if we could find something a little more conducive to gathering tables together, it would be nice.

Eating on the patio is possible but when it gets really hot or humid or is cold like now, I certainly wouldn't want to be outside.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Gold member

Good point Red. I did feel like I missed the opportunity to talk to some of you all at the other end of the table. Let's keep it at Crispers if we can do something else with seating. Changing the venue might cause some problems for those of us who suffer from senior moments (like all of us !!!!) : : :

Old 01-21-2008, 02:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191
Don't understand why the change? Is there a particular reason why RW hasn't addressed this on TOTV? It seems that where there's so many TOTV Members coming and going here in TV, it would be less confusing for all if the plans were not changed at this time. Anybody agree? If this is not maintained consistently, confusion will reign, just as it did during the initial planning.
Barb

I agree; however Redwitch said there were people who wanted the change. I think it would be confusing to keep changing the venue.

I thought it would be better to be consistent and have it at the same time (3PM) at the same place (Crispins) which is central, on the third Friday of every month. That way everyone can plan ahead. And if we start to get huge crowds, that would be the time to consider changing the venue.

Actually, I think the inside tables at Crispins can be moved, I did move two tables into a different position. It just wasn't done at the last luncheon! The patio is especially nice and the tables are definitely moveable there.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I think if we talk to the mgr at Crispers we could find a better area in the restaurant to meet, this was the first time and we should be able to fine tune as we go along, I thought it was a great location and enjoyed meeting everyone. Kudos to everyone that helped set this get together up.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sadly, I had sent the message to Barefoot as a private message with the silly thought it would stay private, at least until it had been discussed and hashed about a little and I did give her my reasons why. Moving the tables indoors is really not feasible. If we bunch them together, only those on the end could comfortably get out. No matter what, it is one long line of tables (see the pics recently posted). The patio does seem nice and perfect for when the weather is conducive to being outdoors for more than 15 minutes.

Personally, I don't think it would bother most if the locale were to change even month to month so long as it was well advertised.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.