First Villager tests positive

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2020, 03:04 PM

Anyone realize there was a 5.7 earthquake in Utah this morning?
Old 03-18-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariad View Post
We need to have any person in contact with this person to be tested. This should be a REQUIREMENT when a Villager has COVID19!!!!!!!!
I understand everyone’s desire to know who this person is and which village he or she lives in. However, to reveal a name would be a violation under federal law. I doubt very much that HIPPA will be repealed since the federal government is still way behind the rest of the world in dealing with this virus.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:21 PM

Finally a voice of reason. Publishing this persons personal information or even giving any hint of where they may live violates both Federal and State laws. I would be more concerned about all the people standing shoulder to shoulder at the "outdoor bars" in The Villages. That's a disaster waiting to happen. The Governor ordered ALL bars in the State of Florida to close and all restaurants to space their tables at least six feet apart. Apparently when you operate a restaurant with an outdoor bar you fit through the loop hole in the law, and that's very dangerous right now.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:24 PM
Location: Born and raised NYC raised the family on Long island, Now living the life

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemorkam View Post
From the daily sun facebook page.

JUST IN: The first Villages resident has tested positive for COVID-19 at UF Health Leesburg Hospital. The case has been deemed travel-related. The Florida Department of Health has also confirmed the first case in Sumter County.
To the person who states we must know who this is?? Ever hear of HIPA laws.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:26 PM
Location: Born and raised NYC raised the family on Long island, Now living the life

HIPA laws. They cannot release the persons name. As it should be
Old 03-18-2020, 03:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONKEY10 View Post
Anyone realize there was a 5.7 earthquake in Utah this morning?
Yes, and the airport is closed
Old 03-18-2020, 03:31 PM
Veteran member
Default CV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currahee71 View Post
So true. People hoarding TP and water...
Virus attacks the lungs not your intestines.
I agree people should not hoard water but one of the symptoms of CV is diarrhea.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currahee71 View Post
So true. People hoarding TP and water...
Virus attacks the lungs not your intestines.
I believe the toilet paper is in case of quarantine.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:12 PM
theruizs

If they knew people would not panic and dip into “me first” mode, they might share more information about this case. But they know if they say a village, many in that village would start calling their doctor to get pre-screened for a test they don’t really need yet, possibly even lying about symptoms. I sure hope that doesn’t happen, but given the hoarding going on I would not bet on it. I imagine as the people this person came in contact with are notified, more info about it will eventually get out. Let’s be cautious but stay rational and think about the well being of all, not just ourselves.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:15 PM

The report said Sumter County. How do you know the person lives in The Villages?
Old 03-18-2020, 04:19 PM
Default STOP Repeating that "everyone should be TESTED"!

Quote:
We need to have any person in contact with this person to be tested. This should be a REQUIREMENT when a Villager has COVID19!!!!!!!!
Would everybody please quit repeating that everyone should get the tested for COVID-19, so they can add to the blame on one person for there being limited numbers of kits?

Please read what Dr. Fauci said when speaking for himself on why everybody should not get tested, especially since the federal government cannot have 330 million test kits at this time.

I can't post a link as a new user, or I would.
Devan Cole, CNN
Updated 1553 GMT (2353 HKT) March 15, 2020

Washington (CNN) Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said Sunday that he is not currently planning to get tested for coronavirus because he's not symptomatic and because he doesn't think every American should take a test.

"I'm not taking the test for a simple reason: I have no symptoms. I'm practicing pretty good social distancing," Fauci told CNN's Brianna Keilar on "State of the Union" after being asked if he was planning to be tested for the disease.

"Not everybody in the United States should take a test," Fauci said. "I mean I have no symptoms, there's no reason for me to take a test. If I'm in a situation where I'm at a higher risk, I will take a test."
Old 03-18-2020, 04:33 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

My golfing buddy called me today and said he had flu like symtoms with a 100.3 temperature. Called his Dr who gave him health dept to call who said he is not in group that needs to be tested. What happened to anyone who wants it can be tested??
This is not political this is a serious health problem.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
My golfing buddy called me today and said he had flu like symtoms with a 100.3 temperature. Called his Dr who gave him health dept to call who said he is not in group that needs to be tested. What happened to anyone who wants it can be tested??
This is not political this is a serious health problem.
have the friend call the dr's office back & ask where do they go from here? better yet, see if they can get to 1 of those drive-up tents in various parking lots

Last edited by PugMom; 03-18-2020 at 04:40 PM. Reason: add opinion
Old 03-18-2020, 04:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy51 View Post
The person who has tested positive will be questioned by The Public Health Department and they will reach out to contact anyone who has been in contact with this person. This information is private and has no business being published in TOTV. If the person wishes to reveal themselves it is their business. If a recreation center, club or particular area has been involved that will be revealed by Health Department. Let’s not try and take over the job of the Health Department by spreading rumors or panicking. We should all just take advice for seniors given by CDC .
Thank you. We don’t need to know. We will be notified as appropriate by those who have the job of doing so.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I agree!! How do they think they can control the spread if they don't want to tell the entire story!
Closed Thread

Tags
positive, case, health, hospital, deemed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.