First Villager tests positive

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2020, 06:42 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's HIPAA. It stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act

Thank you, OBB. I was just getting ready to type the same thing.

Aaaaaaaaaaugh!! I do not usually correct people but this thread is makinmecrazy!!

And, while I’m at it, I might as well say everything I want to:

The population of TV includes every personality type imaginable. Most with common sense but most certainly quite a few control freaks along with those who seem like they keep dossiers because they are so damned nosy and intrusive.

Just imagine if the person’s name got out — Villagers showing up with torches and pitchforks?

Let the professionals in the system do their jobs.

Pogo was right!

Sincerely,
Grouchy Boomer

PS: Btw, if I owned this site, I would be sure that absolutely no identifying patient info shows up here.

Last edited by Boomer; 03-18-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:49 PM

Absolutely right.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Thank you, OBB. I was just getting ready to type the same thing.

Aaaaaaaaaaugh!! I do not usually correct people but this thread is makinmecrazy!!

And, while I’m at it, I might as well say everything I want to:

The population of TV includes every personality type imaginable. Most with common sense but most certainly quite a few control freaks along with those who seem like they keep dossiers because they are so damned nosy and intrusive.

Just imagine if the person’s name got out — Villagers showing up with torches and pitchforks?

Let the professionals in the system do their jobs.

Pogo was right!

Sincerely,
Grouchy Boomer

PS: Btw, if I owned this site, I would be sure the patient’s name, or any type of specifically identifying info, did not appear here — ever.
YEP!
Old 03-18-2020, 06:59 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

The Chinese Coronavirus has now gotten to a member of Congress, a Florida Representative no less. Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart is first congressman to announce testing positive for coronavirus | Fox News

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 03-18-2020 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:10 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

As many so -called laws ( bureaucratic crud) have already been suspended, so should certain aspects of HIPAA. No names need to be released but where this person came from ( cruise, airline, etc) and how long they may have been infected need to be released for the greater good of the public. The last thing we want now is a group of unsuspecting carriers hanging out at City Fire or innocently shopping at Walmart unintentionally infecting others.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
As many so -called laws ( bureaucratic crud) have already been suspended, so should certain aspects of HIPAA. No names need to be released but where this person came from ( cruise, airline, etc) and how long they may have been infected need to be released for the greater good of the public. The last thing we want now is a group of unsuspecting carriers hanging out at City Fire or innocently shopping at Walmart unintentionally infecting others.
Seriously, at this point, why does ANY of that personal info...even matter?

Do what the authorities say and keep yourself away from others as much as humanly possible and it won't matter where/what/why...about anyone else.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

This just in today:
A new study published in The American Journal of Gastroenterology reports that some people who get the coronavirus will experience digestive symptoms like diarrhea as a first sign of the virus.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
As testing becomes more available and done, the cases will increase. We don't know what we don't know but available testing will help us learn.
Who do you test? How many times? If I get tested this week does it mean I have no worries? Will they have enough kits to test every citizen multiple times over the next few months? Not sure that testing is going to do anything more than identify some in are infected but does nothing to truly stop the spread because is it not too late at that point? Do not have answers but reality is testing is not going to stop or even possibly slow the virus.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
This just in today:
A new study published in The American Journal of Gastroenterology reports that some people who get the coronavirus will experience digestive symptoms like diarrhea as a first sign of the virus.
So what kind of quote is this, some. Putting out these type of vague statements create panic and fear. If this truly came from a real medical journal they should be ashamed of putting this kind of fear and hysteria out there. Why has this not been mentioned by any other medical organization as a symptom to look for to identify this virus.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
This just in today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
So what kind of quote is this, some. Putting out these type of vague statements create panic and fear. If this truly came from a real medical journal they should be ashamed of putting this kind of fear and hysteria out there. Why has this not been mentioned by any other medical organization as a symptom to look for to identify this virus.
Likely the comment is related to the hoarding of toilet paper. I actually heard it as well from a physician being interviewed on TV.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
This just in today:
Sorry to be argumentative... but NO, this is NOT just in. This has been known and PUBLISHED for many weeks as a symptom SOME report.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-18-2020, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
Why???
Why what? Please quote the post you're responding to.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

signing..... Its a small world after all....... It's a small small world
Old 03-19-2020, 06:41 AM

Exactly right...if you know this person, and interacted with him, you will be contacted. If you are staying home, and following directives, you would not have interacted with him, and you have nothing to worry about. DUH!
Old 03-19-2020, 07:08 AM
Default Hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nututv View Post
Person gets Flu. News at 11. God I'm sick of all the hype.
It isn't hype!
Closed Thread

Tags
positive, case, health, hospital, deemed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.