First Villager tests positive

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2020, 09:09 AM

Absolutely! As Seniors following all of our government's warnings, we need to quarantine ourselves if we've come into contact with the first person.... WE ARE SENIORS LIVING HERE, AND ARE THE "AT RISK" Group, WE NEED TO KNOW THE IDENTITY. Let's nip this in the bud before we wipe our an entire community.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:14 AM
Veteran member
Default Mixed messages ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post
You assume that “unsuspecting carriers”
are not already in all of those places. Wrong. Social distancing and quarantines are being recommended because carriers can have no symptoms for many days while they are shedding virus everywhere. The majority of people have mild or no symptoms. By complying with guidance, we are all compassionately hoping to protect the ones who would get seriously ill or die from this...which could be you or me or someone we love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaB443162 View Post
Would everybody please quit repeating that everyone should get the tested for COVID-19, so they can add to the blame on one person for there being limited numbers of kits?

Please read what Dr. Fauci said when speaking for himself on why everybody should not get tested, especially since the federal government cannot have 330 million test kits at this time.

I can't post a link as a new user, or I would.
Devan Cole, CNN
Updated 1553 GMT (2353 HKT) March 15, 2020

Washington (CNN) Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said Sunday that he is not currently planning to get tested for coronavirus because he's not symptomatic and because he doesn't think every American should take a test.

"I'm not taking the test for a simple reason: I have no symptoms. I'm practicing pretty good social distancing," Fauci told CNN's Brianna Keilar on "State of the Union" after being asked if he was planning to be tested for the disease.

"Not everybody in the United States should take a test," Fauci said. "I mean I have no symptoms, there's no reason for me to take a test. If I'm in a situation where I'm at a higher risk, I will take a test."
Not that I’m looking to be tested, but it was my understanding that one of the gravest (no pun intended) dangers of coronavirus is that one is highly contagious well before any symptoms appear. Yet the highest authority on infectious diseases in the country is saying that he has no reason to be tested BECAUSE HE HAS NO SYMPTOMS!

Huh?
Old 03-19-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyPenO View Post
Absolutely! As Seniors following all of our government's warnings, we need to quarantine ourselves if we've come into contact with the first person.... WE ARE SENIORS LIVING HERE, AND ARE THE "AT RISK" Group, WE NEED TO KNOW THE IDENTITY. Let's nip this in the bud before we wipe our an entire community.
Puhleeze.

There is absolutely no reason, other than being purely nosy (and possibly with intent to harrass)...in identifying the names of people testing positive.

How in the world would anyone who didn't already know the person...know if they've even been within 10 miles of them?

Answer... you wouldn't.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

A question for those biting at the bit...wanting names.

If the name(s) were published...what would YOU do in response?

Old 03-19-2020, 10:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member

So you want to be tested? Your test is negative. What about next week? Will you still be negative. The test only measures one moment in time. Yes, some may be positive and quarantine but being constantly tested is unreasonable and undoable.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemorkam View Post
From the daily sun facebook page.

JUST IN: The first Villages resident has tested positive for COVID-19 at UF Health Leesburg Hospital. The case has been deemed travel-related. The Florida Department of Health has also confirmed the first case in Sumter County.
Maybe now everyone will start taking it seriously, instead of acting like oh, it's just the flu, it's just the common cold; or worse yet, it's a hoax started by a political party you don't like. Stop listening to self-serving politicians and commentators, and realize this thing is FOR REAL, and in a place like the Villages, it could be absolutely catastrophic.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
Not that I’m looking to be tested, but it was my understanding that one of the gravest (no pun intended) dangers of coronavirus is that one is highly contagious well before any symptoms appear. Yet the highest authority on infectious diseases in the country is saying that he has no reason to be tested BECAUSE HE HAS NO SYMPTOMS!

Huh?
If Dr. Fauci instead demanded to be tested every day he’d be condemned for wasting precious testing resources for his own benefit. Is he practicing social distancing as best he can since he has no symptoms? He is asking all of us not to request a test unnecessarily while we self-isolate.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMOH View Post
Exactly right...if you know this person, and interacted with him, you will be contacted. If you are staying home, and following directives, you would not have interacted with him, and you have nothing to worry about. DUH!
Hunkering down at home means just that with exceptions. The exceptions are going to the grocery store for food and other necessities. Going to the pharmacy to pick up medication. It is nice when there is a drive through window but not all pharmacies have a drive through window.

Walking through a grocery store you can be very mindful of not being too close to others but there is still that chance you can contract the virus. In this case, there is no way to track down which people could have been exposed to the virus.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcharlesnelson@gmail View Post
how about pickelball? People sitting on a bench??
Not only sitting on the bench, how about touching the pickleball that everyone else has touched already.....
Old 03-19-2020, 12:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Those that demand to know the name and home location of the infected Villager: How would this information change your behavior?

Right now, I am assuming that everyone I see is potentially infected, and i am acting accordingly.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Those that demand to know the name and home location of the infected Villager: How would this information change your behavior?

Right now, I am assuming that everyone I see is potentially infected, and i am acting accordingly.
Amen.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:54 PM

Hilton hotel employee in ICU on respirator

44-year-old Capital Hilton Hotel worker hospitalized with COVID-19, workers quarantined | WJLA

He is 44 years old.

Praying for him.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:02 PM

Everyone should be wearing a mask when they go out. It doesn't help 100%, but any % is better than 0%.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis and Rose View Post
HIPA laws. They cannot release the persons name. As it should be
Now if the NEWSPAPER just felt the same way about releasing MEDICAL/PRIVATE info when they decide to print a NEWS story, right???

How strange that street of privacy does not lead both ways.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:45 PM

Wow.

Coronavirus shatters New Jersey family, kills 3 with 4 more in hospitals

"I went to sleep having 10 aunts and uncles! Friday I woke up and found out I only had 9, just a few minutes ago I found out I only have 8," a relative said.

Coronavirus shatters New Jersey family, kills 3 with 4 more in hospitals
Closed Thread

Tags
positive, case, health, hospital, deemed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.