First Villagers Death Reported....COVID-19

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2020, 10:12 PM

In the Villages, nearly 80 percent of residents are over 65.

The community has other factors lined up against it. Its main hospital has been given a rare one-star rating by the federal government and has been criticized by residents for long emergency-room wait times. It sits in a part of the state that Harvard University researchers found would be ill-equipped to handle a large influx of coronavirus patients, based on the number of available hospital beds.

And the Villages has drawn national attention in recent weeks as a place where social gatherings continued as parts of the country began to shut down.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

What about these upstanding citizens in Pennsylvania? I have no words.......

Pennsylvania firefighters discover massive underage party amid coronavirus lockdown | Fox News
Old 04-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Post Article in PBS.ORG (April 4, 2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1916 View Post
In the Villages, nearly 80 percent of residents are over 65.

The community has other factors lined up against it. Its main hospital has been given a rare one-star rating by the federal government and has been criticized by residents for long emergency-room wait times. It sits in a part of the state that Harvard University researchers found would be ill-equipped to handle a large influx of coronavirus patients, based on the number of available hospital beds.

And the Villages has drawn national attention in recent weeks as a place where social gatherings continued as parts of the country began to shut down.
I just read the same article this morning. I found it in FaceBook, a friend posted for me (moving from CA to TV some day).

The article was released yesterday, April 4 and makes it sound like TV is NOT practicing Shelter in Place recommendations. From what I have gathered here on TOTV, I would say most of you are doing a good job at it but I do see others who are not taking the CoronaVirus seriously!

I copied and pasted this statement about the hospital there, “given a rare one-star rating by the federal government and has been criticized by residents for long emergency-room wait times.” If the virus does spread like “wildfire” that hospital will not be able to take adequate care of all sick.

Overall, it paints a very grim picture of what may happen in TV if people don’t start taking it seriously and stay indoors. Each time you leave the safety of your home, you increase the risk of coming in contact with the disease whether is an infected person or touch a surface that has the virus on it.

Please read the article, go to PBS: Public Broadcasting Service and look for the article titled, “For Seniors in Florida Villages, CoronaVirus Dangers Stack up.” The article states that 5 Villagers have dies already.
Comments welcomed and appreciated!
Bill
Future Villager
Closed Thread

Tags
god, thinking, loss, people, quit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.