Fishing At Linden

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2020, 09:44 AM
Default Fishing At Linden

Greetings, I have water behind our home and I believe it is used for Landscape Sprinklers. Is fishing allowed? From the Fishing rules it stated one cannot cross private property or Golf Courses.

Cheers, steve
Old 09-27-2020, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts
Default Www.districtgov.org

Here is information on fishing in TV.
https://districtgov.org/departments/...nformation.pdf
Old 09-27-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilts View Post
Greetings, I have water behind our home and I believe it is used for Landscape Sprinklers. Is fishing allowed? From the Fishing rules it stated one cannot cross private property or Golf Courses.

Cheers, steve

Steve I've seen a few folks fishing the large pond opposite the entry to Spanish Springs on 441/27....that pond has been around for quite some time and would have fish in it

I would guess that many of the small 'water retention pools' have been 'fished out' by the cormorants & Anhinga that frequent those pools from time to time
Old 09-27-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Steve I've seen a few folks fishing the large pond opposite the entry to Spanish Springs on 441/27....that pond has been around for quite some time and would have fish in it

I would guess that many of the small 'water retention pools' have been 'fished out' by the cormorants & Anhinga that frequent those pools from time to time
Do they restock the ponds and lakes from time to time?
Old 09-27-2020, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post

Most retention ponds are connected to water transfer system to control water level and flooding. When theY transfer water by opening gate/valve. Fish can free flow for one pond to next. Most fish will follow moving water. If you see the cormorants and anhingas there fish is that pond. Only couple ponds off limits that can access from public access which are listed in site provided. I would not remove any fish from retention pond, best to catch and release which I think stated rule in villages.

I know of one pond that lost all it’s water couple times , when the fill it back up ( at same level of connectioning pond) fish appear and so does the birds catching them.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Do they restock the ponds and lakes from time to time?
I don’t think the restock retention pond?
Old 09-27-2020, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilts View Post

Cheers, steve
Nope if you have the typical layout. Here is the key rule:

Fishermen may fish in any lake, canal or stream, whether natural or man-made,
which can be reached without crossing over or trespassing upon any privately
owned property or golf courses

This definition includes your own property as private property. So if a stranger would have to cross your property to reach the pond it is a no fishing pond. The only ponds which are open for fishing are those that typically are on a major road.

If you go to the link given in #2 you can see the list of ponds where you may fish. If it isn't on that list, then no fishing is permitted.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Nope if you have the typical layout. Here is the key rule:

Fishermen may fish in any lake, canal or stream, whether natural or man-made,
which can be reached without crossing over or trespassing upon any privately
owned property or golf courses

This definition includes your own property as private property. So if a stranger would have to cross your property to reach the pond it is a no fishing pond. The only ponds which are open for fishing are those that typically are on a major road.

If you go to the link given in #2 you can see the list of ponds where you may fish. If it isn't on that list, then no fishing is permitted.
List is possible but not all,

Possible Fishing Locations within The Villages

2. Fishermen may fish in any lake, canal or stream, whether natural or man-made, which can be reached without crossing over or trespassing upon any privately owned property or golf courses.
3. Fishermen are prohibited to fish in Lake Sumter, Harmeswood or other areas with “No Fishing” signs posted.
4. Any person crossing into jurisdictional wetlands is in volition of state and federal law and may be prosecuted.
5. Please be mindful and respectful by others property, vegetation, foliage, and landscaping. No feeding of any wildlife (birds, alligators etc.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:28 AM

Thanks for the link.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
List is possible but not all,

Possible Fishing Locations within The Villages

2. Fishermen may fish in any lake, canal or stream, whether natural or man-made, which can be reached without crossing over or trespassing upon any privately owned property or golf courses.
3. Fishermen are prohibited to fish in Lake Sumter, Harmeswood or other areas with “No Fishing” signs posted.
4. Any person crossing into jurisdictional wetlands is in volition of state and federal law and may be prosecuted.
5. Please be mindful and respectful by others property, vegetation, foliage, and landscaping. No feeding of any wildlife (birds, alligators etc.
I wish The Villages would buy some of the swans "for sale" by Lakeland, FL (in today's Daily Sun) for some of the ponds here in our community!
Old 09-28-2020, 05:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
I wish The Villages would buy some of the swans "for sale" by Lakeland, FL (in today's Daily Sun) for some of the ponds here in our community!
Coyotes or foxes would probably get them? I occasionally here ducks on retention pond real close raising ruckus at night something after them.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Coyotes or foxes would probably get them? I occasionally here ducks on retention pond real close raising ruckus at night something after them.
There are foxes and coyotes here?
Old 09-29-2020, 06:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
There are foxes and coyotes here?
Sure there are, at least the ones that have not been eaten by the bears, panthers, alligators, or bobcats.

At least we do not have to deal with the very aggressive monkeys like the people living near Ocala.

No, I am not kidding or exaggerating one bit!
Closed Thread

Tags
fishing, rules, stated, private, cross

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.