Fitness Centers

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Default Fitness Centers

Is any one as disappointed with the two Fitness Centers as I am??? I utilize the Laurel Manor Center and can not believe how over crowded it is and the lack of equipment it offers. Especially for the price you are paying for membership.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Founder
Default Re: Fitness Centers

Boy am I sorry to hear you say that Laurel Manor is overcrowded. I go to Mulberry and it is also packed, with a real lack of exciting equipment. I was thinking of switching to Laurel Manor because my one membership is good in both. I was a member at the Wellness center for a year, but it was soooooo crowded sometimes that I would turn around and leave before I started. >
Old 05-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,305 Times in 540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujoforever View Post
Is any one as disappointed with the two Fitness Centers as I am??? I utilize the Laurel Manor Center and can not believe how over crowded it is and the lack of equipment it offers. Especially for the price you are paying for membership.
Colony and Seabreeze both have a Fitness Center. I found the equipment to be excellent and the staff at Colony (where I go most of the time) are SUPER HELPFUL. Like golf----everybody wants to go at 8:30-9:30 in the morning. If you go in the afternoon its usually not crowded at all.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujoforever

Colony and Seabreeze both have a Fitness Center. I found the equipment to be excellent and the staff at Colony (where I go most of the time) are SUPER HELPFUL. Like golf----everybody wants to go at 8:30-9:30 in the morning. If you go in the afternoon its usually not crowded at all.

My sister-in-law & I also used Seabreeze fitness center and have no complaints.
JJ, you do know your Quote from cujo was written in 2006?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 PM

Have you thought about joining MVP? I'm a member there and love it. They have a huge exercise area with all kinds of equipment and they offer different classes all day everyday. I don't know about cost comparisons to the rec centers, but as I've always been told, you get what you pay for.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Sage
Smile

I was going to recommend the fitness center I go to, but on second thought, if I do, it might get crowded.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Default What Are The Fees

What is the fee schedule for joining the workout facilities at the regional rec centers? All that is advertised is that (As a resident of The Villages), you can purchase a membership for 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, up to a year. What is the cost for the various time frames?
We're working on becoming Villagers, ASAP!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lady View Post
Have you thought about joining MVP? I'm a member there and love it. They have a huge exercise area with all kinds of equipment and they offer different classes all day everyday. I don't know about cost comparisons to the rec centers, but as I've always been told, you get what you pay for.
MVP is a superior club. They have over a dozen trainers certified by the National Association of Sports Medicine, they offer over 150 classes per week (spinning, yoga, pilates, aerobics, group power, group core, etc.) included in your membership, top of the line equipment (which they maintain/replace frequently), an "express" workout from 8AM-12PM Monday through Friday, lockers and towels are free, sauna, special fees for TV residents, all staff members are CPR certified, etc.

It is a financially stable company (owned by the same company that owns the Orlando Magic and Amway) and has sister clubs in Orlando and Michigan.
I looked at the rec centers and was pretty impressed, but MVP blew them away. I love working out there!

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 05-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Where is MPV located?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukiChu View Post
Where is MPV located?
Spanish Springs town square, the La Reina Building (same building as Gator's Dockside). It formerly was the Wellness Center.

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 05-10-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lady View Post
How crowded does it get during the winter? Do you have to wait long for equipment?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomoe1954 View Post
How crowded does it get during the winter? Do you have to wait long for equipment?
I started working out there in January and I found the wait times to be very reasonable (if you sign up for the "express workout" that is run between 8 AM and noon, Monday through Friday there is virtually no waiting, the floor techs adjust the equipment to the settings on your card and you zip right through).

I did find that some of the group exercise classes (I love these) were a little more crowded during the winter but a lot depends on the time of day the classes are offered (early morning and early evening were generally more crowded). If you show up fifteen minutes before a class time you will never be shut out (at least I never was).

Old 05-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Sage

can someone tell us the costs to join?
Old 05-10-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Boy am I sorry to hear you say that Laurel Manor is overcrowded. I go to Mulberry and it is also packed, with a real lack of exciting equipment. I was thinking of switching to Laurel Manor because my one membership is good in both. I was a member at the Wellness center for a year, but it was soooooo crowded sometimes that I would turn around and leave before I started. >
Have been going to Mullberry for over a year. Never a problem with overcrowding. Now what the hell is your definition of "exciting" equipment? Roller Coasters? Go at the right hours and you will change your tune.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
can someone tell us the costs to join?
What can be used and included in The Villages amenities fees? Thanks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.