Fitness Centers

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark View Post
Have been going to Mullberry for over a year. Never a problem with overcrowding. Now what the hell is your definition of "exciting" equipment? Roller Coasters? Go at the right hours and you will change your tune.
Talk Host post was December 2006 and he is no longer Talk Host.(i think)
Old 05-10-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
Spanish Springs town square, the La Reina Building (same building as Gator's Dockside). It formerly was the Wellness Center.
When MVP took over management of the former Wellness Center they also expanded to include the 1st floor of the building in what was the old "Mercantile" location.

That said ... the Monday, Wednesday & Friday 8:00am "Cynergey" classes are VERY, VERY crowded and nobody new should even attempt to go. The previous was a self serving comment intended to help assure that the poster can always get their preferred spot.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
can someone tell us the costs to join?
Don't remember the rec center fees, but for MVP:

The rate for TV residents is a one time enrollment fee of $100 (although I know they regularly run 50% off specials on the enrollment fee) for the primary member and $75 for the associate member.

The monthly fee is $59 for the primary and i think it is $43 for the associate member.

You are also allowed to "freeze" your account once per year for up to 11 months (great if you are a snowbird or planning a long vacation because you don't have to pay the enrollment fee again).

They don't require an annual contract, it is strictly month-to-month billing and once you sign up, you are locked into those rates (unless you cancel).

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHart View Post
When MVP took over management of the former Wellness Center they also expanded to include the 1st floor of the building in what was the old "Mercantile" location.

That said ... the Monday, Wednesday & Friday 8:00am "Cynergey" classes are VERY, VERY crowded and nobody new should even attempt to go. The previous was a self serving comment intended to help assure that the poster can always get their preferred spot.
Centergy with Nancy is a tough class--I had trouble due to rotator cuff issues but if I could I would do it regularly. For those unfamiliar with Centergy, it is a combination of yoga and pilates.

I do the spin classes twice a day, six days a week and I am hooked. I have never not gotten a bike due to overcrowding (they have 40 LeMond spin bikes in that classroom).

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 05-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Centergy with Nancy is a tough class--I had trouble due to rotator cuff issues but if I could I would do it regularly. For those unfamiliar with Centergy, it is a combination of yoga and pilates.

I do the spin classes twice a day, six days a week and I am hooked. I have never not gotten a bike due to overcrowding (they have 40 LeMond spin bikes in that classroom).
Old 05-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

MPV is a long way from my Village----if its that good I would certainly give it a try if they open one south of 466A.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Veteran member
Default monthly fees?

what are the monthly fees at each of these clubs,,,
Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Gold member
Default Fees

Yes what are the membership fees? Curious?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
Yes what are the membership fees? Curious?
See post #18 for MVP fees. Sorry, but Idon't know rec center fees.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 PM

Here are the weekly, monthly, per year rates for fitness centers at the 4 regional rec center.

Village Community Development Districts
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Smile Agree

Quote:
MVP is a superior club. They have over a dozen trainers certified by the National Association of Sports Medicine, they offer over 150 classes per week (spinning, yoga, pilates, aerobics, group power, group core, etc.) included in your membership, top of the line equipment (which they maintain/replace frequently), an "express" workout from 8AM-12PM Monday through Friday, lockers and towels are free, sauna, special fees for TV residents, all staff members are CPR certified, etc.

It is a financially stable company (owned by the same company that owns the Orlando Magic and Amway) and has sister clubs in Orlando and Michigan.
I looked at the rec centers and was pretty impressed, but MVP blew them away. I love working out there!
It is a wonderful facility!! My husband joined this season in the part that helps people rehabilitate. The staff are terrific and he did really well. He normally hates gyms but loved this one.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannieb View Post
It is a wonderful facility!! My husband joined this season in the part that helps people rehabilitate. The staff are terrific and he did really well. He normally hates gyms but loved this one.
I'm not very familiar with the Medfit program, but as it was explained to me it is designed for people who have had surgeries, heart attacks, strokes etc. It is a gym within a gym and they assist with workouts/rehabilitation on a more personalized basis. They even have a shuttle which patrols the parking lot and picks up Medfit clients and drives them right up to the gym.

There is an extra fee for Medfit, but i am not sure what it is.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.