Fl drivers lisence and homestead

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Default Fl drivers lisence and homestead

Can you use a florida only license for the homestead exemption
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
BOMBERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
Can you use a florida only license for the homestead exemption
I hope not!

You need proof of residency here.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMBERO View Post
I hope not!

You need proof of residency here.
...and, YES they do check! and then

There are lots of examples out there. Just Google "Florida Homestead Exemption crackdown" (without the quotes)

If you know of someone who thinks they are getting away with it, be a friend, let them know there is a crackdown. The odds are against them and the payback is hefty.

Xavier
Old 02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
Can you use a Florida only license for the homestead exemption
I think that others have pretty much answered your question, but I do want to make a few comments about Florida Only Drivers License (FDOL):
  • Florida discontinued the issuance of FDOL's around two years ago. I'm not sure though if existing FDOL's are valid until they expire.
  • As an educated guess I'd say that FL discontinued them for at least these possible reasons:
    • A separate license from another state's may have been necessary at one time but has been discontinued.
    • In most if not all states, it is illegal to possess more than one license, and in all states it's illegal to possess more than one CDL license.
    • The advent of Non-Drivers Identification Cards virtually eliminated the need for a drivers license.
    • The confusing nature of privileges of the license, like being asked here for one.
  • FDOS's were only valid in Florida and not outside of it for anything including the waiver of written and road tests when applying for a drivers license in another state.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Thanks for the answers!!!
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.