Be careful when you call Comcast ;-)

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Be careful when you call Comcast ;-)

Not the type of publicity you want.

Comcast says sorry for changing customer
Old 01-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Of?
Old 01-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Can't make this stuff up

You can't make this stuff up.. Comcast said:"We have zero tolerance for this type of disrespectful behavior and are conducting a thorough investigation," Steve Kipp, a vice president, told the blog. When was the last time somone called Comcast regarding a bill or service? Are these not riddled with disrepect by not anwering the calls, making customers wait when going to their stores, by waiting 4-5 days for down service, by over billing and then making the customer spend hours + on the phone to correct,etc.etc!! Maybe Mr. Kipp is out of touch with the real Comcast???
Old 01-30-2015, 06:32 AM
Veteran member

I am dealing with this in PA. We will downsize in 7 days and have had Comcast for years. We asked for a new customer promotion and was told no. I went to the local store and they were sympathetic. They suggested telling the toll free number we would switch to Fios. To have a transcript of my conversation I have started using live chat with as many things as possible. When I did live chat last evening, the person at the other end of the Comcast chat said, we'll hate to see you leave. Really!?!!?

My personal email is Comcast. What I have learned through this, is to shop for the best service and price with zero loyalty, but not have an email tied to the account.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXNana View Post
I am dealing with this in PA. We will downsize in 7 days and have had Comcast for years. We asked for a new customer promotion and was told no. I went to the local store and they were sympathetic. They suggested telling the toll free number we would switch to Fios. To have a transcript of my conversation I have started using live chat with as many things as possible. When I did live chat last evening, the person at the other end of the Comcast chat said, we'll hate to see you leave. Really!?!!?

My personal email is Comcast. What I have learned through this, is to shop for the best service and price with zero loyalty, but not have an email tied to the account.

Interesting point! No wonder they're so quick to set up an email account. Glad we never started using ours.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:10 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by naneiben View Post
Interesting point! No wonder they're so quick to set up an email account. Glad we never started using ours.
that's a good point and a good reminder
Old 01-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Yes, excellent advice. I have made the mistake of having e-mail through my ISP in the past. I now use gmail and my e-mail is independent of the ISP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXNana View Post

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.