Flooring Choice for new construction

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default JGBama

Up North but used Dura Ceramic tile....is that what you are referring to? We LOVE our floors, not so hard or so cold but DO look like stone. Georgous!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:18 AM

I have the hardwood and retgret it. It is constantly dusty and I have to dust it everyday. Plus the Villages recommends only 1 product, (spray bottle) and 1 wax to use on it. They say it is not like the hardwood up north, but it is treated with something that helps seal out the moisture. It also scratches easily, and you dont get a lot choices , besides differant shades of color I was only shown the plank style. I would not get it again if had the chance to do it over again. I have only been here a few months. They also do not recomnmend a swifter or wet steam of any kind.

Last edited by mrsyarbie; 07-25-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
The vinyl tile we went with has a different grout than regular tile and doesn't absorb stains from spills, etc., like regular grout.
John R U saying this product doesn't look like standard vinyl tiles or VCT?

How tick R they? how are they attached to the slab, spaced and grouted.

Please elaborate.

Most of these homes have only 400-700 sq' excluding bedrooms so depending on cost of vinyl v tile it should be dirt cheap & quick to install.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
The vinyl tile we went with has a different grout than regular tile and doesn't absorb stains from spills, etc., like regular grout. Also it doesn't have to be "sealed" like tile grout. Plus the vinyl tile is SO much warmer than regular tile, which sold me!
Actually the vinyl I was referring to is not a tile, but flooring and has no grout. I've visited models that had vinyl that I swore was real wood or tile until I actually bent over and felt it. You're right, it doesn't get cold like tile.
Also another big plus is it doesn't chip when something drops on it and it will happen in the most obvious places.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.