Florida's Safest Hometown?

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Literally my car idles over 20mph. On those unposted roads and or posted at 20mph or below most drivers will have to stop their car turn off the ignition and push their vehicles until they come upon a posted roadway again. Can you get a ticket for pushing your car above 20mph? Hmmmmmm
Old 12-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Literally my car idles over 20mph. On those unposted roads and or posted at 20mph or below most drivers will have to stop their car turn off the ignition and push their vehicles until they come upon a posted roadway again. Can you get a ticket for pushing your car above 20mph? Hmmmmmm
I checked my speed at idle (650 RPM) and my speedometer registered 6 MPH. If your engine is idling too fast it may tend to shift to a higher gear thereby increasing speed.

BTW, let me explain before I am told I have too much time on my hands. I did this little test in the Walmart parking lot while my wife "ran in to pick up a couple of things".

I have now contributed to the crime of poaching on this thread but seeing as I am the OP I am pleading no contest.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Veteran member

The residential area of my Village has a 10 mph speed limit. My car idles at 10 mph, so no problem. I do have to try to be careful to remember the 10 mph speed limit when I am in my GEM.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.