Floridian lifestyle

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2017, 07:47 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default nYC

Just sat in traffic the other trying to get to 87N past the George Washington Bridge exit. What was I thinkingh? Shouldn't have taken the Triboro Bridge.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:07 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant View Post
I make the commute now from Nashua NH area to West Roxbury MA. Route 3 to 128. I just returned from a lifestyle visit and as I sit here in front of the fireplace with it 28 degrees outside and the driveway coated in ice and snow, I wonder why I'm still here.
We made the move from NH a year and a half ago. I love looking at the pictures of snow and ice as I sip ice tea on my lanai.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:09 PM

Grew up and lived in Manhattan and Queens. I have a love/hate relationship with NYC all at the same time. Its great but at the same time the type of life wears you out. Love it here in TV (for some of the reasons you stated) and I get my NYC fix by visiting NYC a few times a year...it then reminds me of why I could never live there again.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
You have no idea how much better the villages is vs long island. I did that rat race, you will never want to go back except for family.

When you get here and hear villagers complain about traffic, it will bring a smile to your face.

Ditto on that. When we moved here from LI I had no idea what all the fuss was about on traffic. I will take this over LI traffic any day. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-22-2017, 11:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Every once in a while a directive comes up on my cell phone that warns about heavy traffic in our area. That means that there are more than 12 cars on the road at the same time. Unless someone has experienced traffic in your general area it is hard for them to imagine. Not an easy thing to describe, it must be experienced. Just move here already, you would already be happy and saying NYC where L.I. what. That is your past this is a new reality. Merry Christmas to your New Handle = CoolCat.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Every once in a while a directive comes up on my cell phone that warns about heavy traffic in our area. That means that there are more than 12 cars on the road at the same time. Unless someone has experienced traffic in your general area it is hard for them to imagine. Not an easy thing to describe, it must be experienced. Just move here already, you would already be happy and saying NYC where L.I. what. That is your past this is a new reality. Merry Christmas to your New Handle = CoolCat.
I think it is the delay in moving that is killing me. My husband wants to wait until my son gets married,
which will be in April. I can see his point with dinners, showers, and now my son wants to use our house for him and his grooms men to change as some live out of NY including my son. We will wait. Happy for my son is getting married.

Merry Christmas to you also!

Tags
lifestyle, feel, north, life, york

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.