Florists

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2021, 08:09 AM
Default Florists

Can anyone recommend a florist that delivers in The Villages? I'm still waiting on my Mother's Day flowers from my son from a florist in Leesburg.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

I can't recommend any one in particular but, I can recommend against some.

Be very careful with online searches. Be very certain you are actually ordering from area,l florist. There are websites that look like florists, have good prices, and lots of promises. But all they really do is gather orders and resell them to florists. I placed an order for Valentine's day, 2 dozen long stem white roses, candy, and a stuffed creature. About $200 - I received 1 dozen short stem roses a day late. I attempted to contact the website vendor and got no response. Luckily I had used my Apple CC, I contacted my CC company, got an immediate refund and they then launched an investigation.

My advice, just to be sure it is an actual brick-and-mortar store here in or around the villages.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

wife is waiting two....

cause: this son always waits until the eleventh hour to do most everything

there's a HUGE amount of "mom's" getting flowers in TV....these florist shops are small businesses with just so much
capacity
Old 05-12-2021, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,670 Times in 5,225 Posts

I agree with verifying an actual local florist. There are national companies who will buy a local phone number listing and fabricate a fake name for a florist, so people think they are ordering from a real florist. I understand that there is a huge calling center in Colorado that receives orders from around the country and transfers the order to an actual local florist.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:54 PM

Plantation Flower Designs & Gifts in Southern Trace Shopping Plaza on 466 is a very reputable florist. (Disclaimer: I worked for them for almost 2 years.) They create beautiful arrangements and provide excellent delivery service. But, please know that every florist is overwhelmed on Mother's Day...it is the busiest day of the year for them. And anyone who waits until the last minute will always be disappointed that they can't get delivery in time for Mother's Day. Usually all deliveries for the days leading up to Mother's Day are taken 5 days in advance.

I also agree with everyone else. DO NOT USE any 1-800 or other "online" flower service. They just take your money and then try to shop around to find a florist who is willing to take your order for half of what you paid. Most florists won't even work with them, especially during holidays.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:38 PM

Beware of Flowers.com. In early December, my daughter who lives in Virginia ordered an arrangement to be sent to me. It arrived about 6:30 in the evening so it was dark when I opened the door. When I saw it in the light, I realized I should have refused it. There was a card with the name of the florist with a gmail address. The next day, I called a local florist with that name. Unfortunately, it was not from them and they had received several calls from people like me. I sent my daughter a picture and she was furious. She called Flowers.com and complained. They offered an upgraded replacement. When that arrived, it was better but didn’t vaguely resemble the arrangement she saw on the site. About a week later, while watching Shark Tank, I saw an update about Alice’s Table which is a company that teaches women how to do flower arrangements to earn extra money. They were proud that Flowers.com was sending their orders to these women. The arrangements I received looked like someone went to Walmart, bought an arrangement and delivered it to me. Sorry this is so long, but I hope it will be of help to unsuspecting people who are trying to do something nice.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:58 AM

I would just order from editable arrangements they have flowers, candy and beautiful fruit arrangements. And they are dependable. You wont be sorry.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:02 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
Plantation Flower Designs & Gifts in Southern Trace Shopping Plaza on 466 is a very reputable florist. (
Used them twice for something different/special........they did a nice job!!
Old 05-13-2021, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn Wagner View Post
I would just order from editable arrangements they have flowers, candy and beautiful fruit arrangements. And they are dependable. You wont be sorry.
Agree! Edible Arrangements is a great alternative to flowers and the Edible Arrangements store in The Villages is very helpful and dependable.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Village Flowers of Lady Lake .... I think that is their official name, I know them as Village Florist.

My son uses them to send me flowers several times a year. I follow their instructions on taking care of the bouquet and they last for over a week.

By the way, my Mothers Day flowers arrived early on Wednesday because they were overloaded with orders.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-13-2021, 06:21 AM
Thumbs up Recommended Florist

I would recommend Plantation Florist, located on Wedgewood Lane. I ordered a dozen yellow roses for my wife for our 50th last Thursday for Monday delivery and I added a single red rose to be included in the arrangement. The roses were delivered as promised on Monday, without the red rose. When I contacted them about the missing red rose they had 1/2 dozen red roses delivered at no cost. They "took care of the customer."

bobpolo
Old 05-13-2021, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

1800flowers.com
Old 05-13-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpolo View Post
I would recommend Plantation Florist, located on Wedgewood Lane. I ordered a dozen yellow roses for my wife for our 50th last Thursday for Monday delivery and I added a single red rose to be included in the arrangement. The roses were delivered as promised on Monday, without the red rose. When I contacted them about the missing red rose they had 1/2 dozen red roses delivered at no cost. They "took care of the customer."

bobpolo
Happy 50th! How wonderful.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:37 AM

Southern Traditions in Leesburg. The best I’ve ever used.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:50 AM

We're still waiting too. My step-son asked his dad to pick up what he ordered for me because they can't deliver until today. We're STILL waiting on the info on where to pick it up. Not sure what that's all about......waited until the 11th hour to order or just forgot? He's in Chicago and sends something every year. Last year was a day late too. Good to know that at least there are a couple of reputable places here in TV.
Closed Thread

Tags
florist, florists, waiting, son, flowers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.