Flowers around circles

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2018, 06:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are right and the flowers or plants are beautiful.
And isn't the beauty of this place one of the things that has attracted and keeps us all here? I for one love it when I drive back into "the bubble" and get to once again enjoy how beautiful the community is that we live in.

I've seen the "resident owned" communities and am glad we have the deed restrictions and interlocal government agreements that keep TV looking so nice and operating so well. Yes, we all pay for it in our annual maintenance fees, but we all knew that going in when we signed the contract to buy.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-17-2018, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
And isn't the beauty of this place one of the things that has attracted and keeps us all here? I for one love it when I drive back into "the bubble" and get to once again enjoy how beautiful the community is that we live in.

I've seen the "resident owned" communities and am glad we have the deed restrictions and interlocal government agreements that keep TV looking so nice and operating so well. Yes, we all pay for it in our annual maintenance fees, but we all knew that going in when we signed the contract to buy.
Oh yes. Just been to Manhattan visiting our granddaughter. I love it here. I LOVE it here.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Having set through multiple budget meetings and workshops this year for several of the numbered (residential) districts, and PWAC, this was never discussed in any of these meetings. Specifically, this would have been covered by the PWAC budget for the Project Wide Fund, and neither the subject of reducing the plantings nor funding fireworks displays was discussed. The multi-year landscape contracts call for 4 bedding plant replacements per year and these contracts have not been modified to reduce the number of plantings.

Additionally, the funding for the landscape maintenance comes from the Project Wide fund which is funded from the annual maintenance assessments received from the numbered districts (included in your annual property tax bill from the county). A fireworks display would be funded by the Recreation Department which is funded by the monthly amenities fees collected. Two separate and independent budgets and funds that do not and cannot mix.

With respect to changing the number of plantings each year - currently 4 - this would be considered a level of service change and would require agreement by all parties to change, this would include the residents, the number districts, and the commercial districts, and since it would impact District 12 the developer would have to agree (they pay the maintenance assessments for all unsold and yet unbuilt properties). Also, due to interlocal government agreements a level of service change would have to be consistent across all areas of The Villages so this would mean all parties north and south of CR466 would have to agree to this change. I don't see it happening.

Fireworks over lake Sumter will not happen because the falling embers from the shells could fall on resident homes (and residents) and represents too large a liability. The lake is simply too small (too narrow) to support a display. Any risks that other communities may take to provide fireworks displays is there decision, The Villages has a lower tolerance for such risk.

The trolls would come out from under their rocks again and complain about how much of their money is being wasted on the displays, how you can see them in neighboring communities for free, the traffic it would cause, how it's too risky, how their little dogs are frightened by the noise, how the embers are polluting the lake, (shall I go on?), and of course the favorite how "the developer" should be paying for this and not the residents.

Your having "heard that they..." is nothing more that a resident wish and not a reality.
Excellent post. Thank you!
Old 07-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2018, 11:51 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are right and the flowers or plants are beautiful.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Having set through multiple budget meetings and workshops this year for several of the numbered (residential) districts, and PWAC, this was never discussed in any of these meetings. Specifically, this would have been covered by the PWAC budget for the Project Wide Fund, and neither the subject of reducing the plantings nor funding fireworks displays was discussed. The multi-year landscape contracts call for 4 bedding plant replacements per year and these contracts have not been modified to reduce the number of plantings.

Additionally, the funding for the landscape maintenance comes from the Project Wide fund which is funded from the annual maintenance assessments received from the numbered districts (included in your annual property tax bill from the county). A fireworks display would be funded by the Recreation Department which is funded by the monthly amenities fees collected. Two separate and independent budgets and funds that do not and cannot mix.

With respect to changing the number of plantings each year - currently 4 - this would be considered a level of service change and would require agreement by all parties to change, this would include the residents, the number districts, and the commercial districts, and since it would impact District 12 the developer would have to agree (they pay the maintenance assessments for all unsold and yet unbuilt properties). Also, due to interlocal government agreements a level of service change would have to be consistent across all areas of The Villages so this would mean all parties north and south of CR466 would have to agree to this change. I don't see it happening.

Fireworks over lake Sumter will not happen because the falling embers from the shells could fall on resident homes (and residents) and represents too large a liability. The lake is simply too small (too narrow) to support a display. Any risks that other communities may take to provide fireworks displays is there decision, The Villages has a lower tolerance for such risk.

The trolls would come out from under their rocks again and complain about how much of their money is being wasted on the displays, how you can see them in neighboring communities for free, the traffic it would cause, how it's too risky, how their little dogs are frightened by the noise, how the embers are polluting the lake, (shall I go on?), and of course the favorite how "the developer" should be paying for this and not the residents.

Your having "heard that they..." is nothing more that a resident wish and not a reality.
SHEESH!

Did you perhaps miss the....'?'

You are wrong however, in thinking that the lake is too small...to safely have a fireworks display.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 07-17-2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-17-2018, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

I doubt anyone...would argue against that.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry P. View Post
Number one they are not circles but roundabouts.
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and goes around 360 degrees it's a circle (or if you live in Boston it's a Rotary!).
Old 07-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I like it just the way it is. NO fireworks. Keep doing the flowers. And...…..Old people living here primarily, but all young at heart with smart people among us like Goldwingnut. Thank goodness for common sense.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-19-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Sage

At the risk of being " pelted " I encourage all to take a close look as you drive around our community .
There are fewer flowers being planted . Many of the flower beds have been slowly reduced or eliminated .
Plants have replaced them .
Old 07-20-2018, 03:12 PM
Platinum member

I don't think the lake is too small either because up north they used to have them on football fields in the cities and the lake seems bigger than that. BUT, parking would be an absolute nightmare. Can you imagine people coming from all 4 areas normally handled by 3 town squares to one square?? It just won't work. The flowers are nice but let's face it, this summer's heat is taking it's toll and they're getting leggy. No sense putting in new ones until high heat lets up.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:44 PM
Platinum member
Default Too hot for all flowers!

If you’ve tried to grow flowers here yourself you have to realize that not all flowers are full sun and heat tolerant like the coleus. Even though you may not see Their small bloom, the leaves themselves provide beautiful color. I think it’s genius that someone has found such a colorful plant to use when everything else wilts!
Closed Thread

Tags
flowers, replaced, circles, bad, needing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.