Foam filled blocks

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2020, 08:55 AM
Default Foam injection should be mandatory, and spray foam roofs too!

There is the huge benefit of helping to keep bugs out as well, as the foam contains boric acid. There is a reason Publix stores, and others I'm sure, always foam inject. It also strengthens walls (and roofs). It used to be less than 1500 bucks, the best upgrade imho, but again, it should be a standard feature. A good builder would use it.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Cascade View Post
Has anyone moved their hot water heater to an indoor closet.....closer to the bathrooms?
Look at these pumps. Might be an easier option.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hot+water..._sb_ss_sc_1_12
Old 01-22-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Cascade View Post
Has anyone moved their hot water heater to an indoor closet.....closer to the bathrooms?
Yep, that's the way I had mine built. Hot water tank is in a closet just off the master bath. Hot water QUICK! I also had the copper hot water lines wrapped with the foam type pipe insulation under the slab. Makes a big difference in how long the water will stay warm once you turn it off.

I've found that water will stay comfortably warm for up to 30 minutes in the insulated pipes after turning it off. No problem at all with turning the water off for a few minutes and then turning it back on while in the shower, brushing your teeth, shaving, or whatever.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. C. Rider View Post
Yep, that's the way I had mine built. Hot water tank is in a closet just off the master bath. Hot water QUICK! I also had the copper hot water lines wrapped with the foam type pipe insulation under the slab. Makes a big difference in how long the water will stay warm once you turn it off.

I've found that water will stay comfortably warm for up to 30 minutes in the insulated pipes after turning it off. No problem at all with turning the water off for a few minutes and then turning it back on while in the shower, brushing your teeth, shaving, or whatever.
Are you sure they are copper?
Old 01-23-2020, 07:53 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

My house was built in 1997 and I have Copper. Len
Old 01-23-2020, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Are you sure they are copper?
Absolutely! I can see them in a couple of places where they come up out of the concrete slab. All copper. House built in 2002. But I'm not in TV if that matters.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:19 PM
Default Foam insulation

The foam is only as good as the quality of it and how much was added. It’s a great idea people down here don’t realize an insulated house saves money for cool temperatures.

A dehumidifier and electrostatic air cleaner should be mandatory if the customer wants to add value as well- also good quality windows not the junk they currently install.
Closed Thread

Tags
foam, added, exterior, worth, cost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.