Ford F-350 - Can not park at home in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2020, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

Big problem for F-350's but apparently not a problem for ugly, rusty box trucks parked in villas! (per recent articles on the un-named site)
Old 04-18-2020, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagone View Post
There is a Ford F-350 truck being advertised on this site. The F-350 is a "1 ton" vehicle. If you are a "Villager" and interested in the truck please note that most of the "Covenants & Restrictons" in The Villages prohibits one from keeping a "1 ton" vehicle at their home. It is a beautiful truck and is being offered at a good price. (I have owned 2 before and my wife is still whines about me selling the last one. In fact she would not object if I bought this one.) I recommend that if you buy it you remove the F-350 badges before you take it home and that you replace them with F-250 badges. The trucks are the same vehicle except that the F-350 has one additional leaf spring and F-250's are specifically allowed since they are only a 3/4 ton vehicle. If you buy it as a F-350, all it would take is one anonymous complaint from a neighborhood busybody and your day would be ruined to learn that you are not allowed to keep it at your home. God bless...and stay healthy!
Probably to pull 5th wheel RV, if so? got the 72 hours limit. But, depends on which district? District 2 or 1 ( can’t remember for the ______ news source) 1 ton box truck with business sign parks in residential over parking lot. The outcome of the complaint said it was legal.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:56 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Wow....you guys are sharpshooters. My note was only meant to be a friendly notice that there are limitations in The Villages concerning 1 ton vehicles. Many Villagers are unaware of the pertinent rules.
Now you are beginning to see why so many have left this forum for another. There are a lot of trolls here who love to knock down, mock, or otherwise bully every post made in some way. If you post or read here for awhile you will get to know who they are you can just ignore their posts, but it does get annoying (which is why they do it).
Old 04-19-2020, 06:02 AM

Believe it. Neighbors will turn you in for anything they don't have. It happened to me and it will happen to you.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:26 AM
Default Wondered

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Is the OP who ends his message with God bless, actually suggesting the way to handle the truck size covenant is the new owner should remove the 350 and replace it with one that falsely bears witness as to the model of the truck thus deceives the neighbors who have agreed on the size limitation? Does your God bless that action?

“Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.” It's one of the biggies.
I wondered how long before this became "religion or political". I would move if this poster was a neighbor. TV is not the "friendly" place any more. It's full of lonesome old people who have nothing to do in life except complain.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:47 AM

Two pages trying to screw someone out of a sale. Nice.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:29 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Believe it. Neighbors will turn you in for anything they don't have. It happened to me and it will happen to you.
Which deed restriction did you violate?
Old 04-19-2020, 07:33 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get real View Post
Two pages trying to screw someone out of a sale. Nice.
Maybe the seller found out it isn't allowed (or won't fit in his garage) and is taking the high road by selling rather than being a rules violater.

Possibly someone with an oversized garage will buy it. Or someone outside the bubble.

You have 2 posts and already carping about the covenants?
Old 04-19-2020, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Question: were you in violation ??? or just entitled
Old 04-19-2020, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
how about community standards, we all knew the rules and so many people want to change them
Rules are NOT the same throughout the villages
Old 04-19-2020, 07:59 AM

This pickup is no longer than my Chevy 2500.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
There is a Ford F-350 truck being advertised on this site. The F-350 is a "1 ton" vehicle. If you are a "Villager" and interested in the truck please note that most of the "Covenants & Restrictons" in The Villages prohibits one from keeping a "1 ton" vehicle at their home. It is a beautiful truck and is being offered at a good price. (I have owned 2 before and my wife is still whines about me selling the last one. In fact she would not object if I bought this one.) I recommend that if you buy it you remove the F-350 badges before you take it home and that you replace them with F-250 badges. The trucks are the same vehicle except that the F-350 has one additional leaf spring and F-250's are specifically allowed since they are only a 3/4 ton vehicle. If you buy it as a F-350, all it would take is one anonymous complaint from a neighborhood busybody and your day would

be ruined to learn that you are not allowed to keep it at your home. God bless...and stay healthy!
And in other news, there are currently 21 million people unemployed, many no doubt who have payments due on their Ford, Chevy, GMC trucks. They’re worried about being able to keep them versus whether they fit in their driveway or garage.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:05 AM

How about all of the cars left on the drive ways all of the time because too many people living in one house or the garage is packed with so much junk. How about the rv left out in the streets blocking traffic. How about people walking in the golf cat lanes
How about bikers taking up the entire lanes. How about people in golf carts sticking their arm out in the heat of traffic and just pulling right out in front of everyone causing a traffic problem. How about mold on people's roofs. How about landscapers mowing too early in the morning. How about smokers who live so close to someone. I could keep going. But why.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:32 AM

Good to know. Did not know the exact weight limit of a pick up truck. Thanks for the heads up.
I can't imagine how people fit full size pick ups or SUVs in their garage. I find the standard Villages 2 car garage to be terribly inadequate. Even 2 mid size SUVs barely fit. Had to measure length, width, height of vehicles before buying and couldn't even get my favorite model. Would never leave car out on driveway in Florida heat and sun. It ages a vehicle prematurely.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 04-19-2020, 09:45 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,051 Times in 523 Posts

Yet that guy with the remodeling business parks that big ugly box truck. It seem TV makes rules, but no one actually enforces them.
Closed Thread

Tags
f-350, vehicle, home, truck, ton

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.