Former Mass resident question

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood
Default Former Mass resident question

Is there anyplace in Florida that is somewhat similar to Tanglewood? That is the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra/Boston Pops.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
Is there anyplace in Florida that is somewhat similar to Tanglewood? That is the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra/Boston Pops.
I’m not aware of anything similar to Tanglewood. However, you might enjoy the classical music club that meets every Wednesday at Saddlebrook at 9:30 a.m. some excellent presentations with video. Tosca is planned for 7/11 with one of our most popular presenters.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
Nothing that I can think of, Tanglewood is very unique. Was at Tanglewood last Monday evening to see Peter Frampton and Steve Miller, great show, especially Steve Miller. Missed the annual 4th of July James Taylor show this year, but saw Rodger Daltry perform the Who's rock opra "Tommy" with the Boston Pops about four weeks ago. Last summer we saw Pete Townsend, Billie Idol, and the Boston Synphony Orchestra perform Quadraphenia, as well as a Nattile Merchant show. We are very lucky to live (in our non-Villages home) only about 35 minutes from Tanglewood.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Nothing that I can think of, Tanglewood is very unique. Was at Tanglewood last Monday evening to see Peter Frampton and Steve Miller, great show, especially Steve Miller. Missed the annual 4th of July James Taylor show this year, but saw Rodger Daltry perform the Who's rock opra "Tommy" with the Boston Pops about four weeks ago. Last summer we saw Pete Townsend, Billie Idol, and the Boston Synphony Orchestra perform Quadraphenia, as well as a Nattile Merchant show. We are very lucky to live (in our non-Villages home) only about 35 minutes from Tanglewood.
What a great post. You have two wonderful places to live.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

This is the Florida version of Tanglewood. It is nearby in beautiful Weirsdale.

Home
Old 07-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Yes, Tanglewood is unique. That is why I directed my question toward Mass residents who may be familiar with the place. We were at the July 4 James Taylor show. Going to "Tanglewood on Parade" on Aug 7. We also hope to take in movie night with John Williams, as well as a couple other shows. Tanglewood is one of the places we will miss once we make the move to TV next year.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Gold member

No, nothing like Tanglewood around here. First of all it's still to hot the evenings usually. We have friends who go back to Berkshire s every summer for several weeks to go to as many concerts, etc...as they can. I know they stay in a timeshare somewhere near there.
Of course we have live music 365 evenings a year here in each of the three squares........no, not Tanglewood music, but can be a fun time time, especially if you like to dance or people watch.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:09 AM

Nothing close by, but we found these venues to be within reach. They are close enough to drive. We prefer to include a meal and an overnight.

Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts

Ruth Eckerd Hall Experience

Best
Old 07-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Midflorida Credit Union Amphitheatre - Tampa Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
summer, tanglewood, home, boston, pops

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.