FORUM HOW-TO's

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Location: The Villages, FL, village of Sanibel (previously Colchester, CT and Dallas, PA)
Default Trying to get sold sign in Title

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I am trying to change the title of my post to reflect that my item has been sold. I have followed these steps:
Go to the post and click on edit post
Click on Advanced
Go to the Title and type in the changes
Click on Submit changes.

When I do this, the changes appear in my post after someone has clicked on it. But they do not appear on the page where all the items are listed for sale before someone clicks on it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help you can give me. This is driving me crazy.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:32 AM

Prior to the new software, when I logged into the forum using my cell phone and the mobile app, it would show me a list of new threads, or old threads with new replies. Since the new software has been deployed, all of the threads are listed - even if I've already read all of the posts for a thread.

I can't seem to find a way to list only threads with unread posts.

Is that possible anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Hi all.

Don't let all the features and options of the new software intimidate you. There are still only three main functions of a forum. The new software works the same way as the old software. If you can do these three things you are off and running. Take your time and explore all the new features of TOTV little by little. It's really not that different than the old software. Some things have moved around and changed but the basic forum functions the same way.

1. Create a new thread
2. Reply to a post
3. Save your reply.

Spell Checker - You will need to install iSpell. Click on the spell check button to install. After it is installed it will pull up a spell check window. Also works on any web page or form.

The Villages Florida

Create a new thread.

The Villages Florida

Reply to a post.

The Villages Florida

Save your post

The Villages Florida

Lots of good info here in the FAQ section with detailed instructions of almost every aspect of the forums.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/faq.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Contact Tony or Talk Host. They can help!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
Prior to the new software, when I logged into the forum using my cell phone and the mobile app, it would show me a list of new threads, or old threads with new replies. Since the new software has been deployed, all of the threads are listed - even if I've already read all of the posts for a thread.

I can't seem to find a way to list only threads with unread posts.

Is that possible anymore?
You do know that it has been 5 years since the software change? This thread started after a big change in September of 08. Has your problem started much more recently than that?
Old 11-04-2013, 01:29 AM

After watching the video, I still am unable to post an ad. Help! Thank you in advance.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:28 AM

Then my issue is not related to the software, sine I log in a couple times a week.

Actually, I found a switch to list newer posts first. I clicked it, so let's see if that will make a difference.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to IrisB52

I wrote a post yesterday on the thread regarding the TV hospital. I selected "Post Quick Reply" however, I was unable to see the post today when I checked the topic. Did I do something wrong? I am new to TOTV.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:56 PM

How do you contact "tony"? I need to delete a post
Old 12-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Default How to delete post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Private message sent to assist.
Please tell me how to delete a post
Thx
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salferg View Post
Please tell me how to delete a post
Thx
go to your post
click on the edit button
click on the delete button
click on the delete message choice that pops up below your message

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.