Found this on YouTube

Found this on YouTube

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-07-2018, 11:45 PM
Platinum member

Very informative

Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
Soon to be in the Village of McClure
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011

Old 12-08-2018, 10:55 AM

That was long but fun! The changes in interior design in less than 20 years, oh my. The models seemed to be a mix of manufactured homes and stick-built, given the garages on some.

I think the public area of La Plaza Grande looks pretty much the same today.

Last edited by queasy27; 12-08-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2018, 11:06 AM
Sage

Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
That was long but fun! The changes in home design in in less than 20 years, oh my. The models seemed to be a mix of manufactured homes and stick-built, given the garages on some.

I think the public area of La Plaza Grande looks pretty much the same today.
Just a point of clarification, it is almost thirty years. The homes they were building at that time were all stick-built. I think they had only recently gone to that as opposed to manufactured when they crossed 441.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Just a point of clarification, it is almost thirty years. The homes they were building at that time were all stick-built. I think they had only recently gone to that as opposed to manufactured when they crossed 441.
There are neighborhoods (Delmar is one of them) after they crossed 441 on the east side of Morse near Spanish Springs that have manufactured homes mingled with stick built homes. I think you still had a choice between the 2 at the time these were built.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Just rewatched with my wife and caught the couple that won the lottery saying they had moved there in 1979 and had been there almost 12 years. That would make it produced in 1990 or 91.
It also said the Hacienda Hills Golf Course had just opened. That was in 1990.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
We've visited TV several times since the first time in 2012,and while we still don't live there (yet) I feel like I know quite a bit about it. But a few things stood out in the video that I hope someone can answer my questions about. I guess WOBG tv station went by the wayside at some point? La Plaza Grande shopping center today isn't anything like what is shown in the video, is it? Where was the Fiesta Bowl bowling alley? Was it done away with once Spanish Springs town center was built? Does La Hacienda Hotel still exist, or did it go away at some point? TIA.
LaPlaza Grand Shopping Center is very similar today to what was in the video

Fiesta Bowling Alley is still up and running. It is close to the Villages Golf Cars in Spanish Springs.

La Hacienda Hotel building is still there. I think it is now The Holiday Inn Express by Paige and Avenida Central.

Tags
cool, youtube, found