Found this on YouTube

Found this on YouTube

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old Today, 10:38 AM
Sage

Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
????

This reminds me of people protesting when the buffalo went away. Things change.
Apples and Oranges! The bison were determined to be a liability risk and they were a tangible asset to many residents. This video is simply a piece of nostalgia and something they used in marketing the development many years ago. I know of your devotion to the developers and I agree for the most part - they have created a wonderful place and done it better than anyone who ever tried before. However, they are human beings and thus imperfect, as are we all. I see no reason that they would pull this other than they want to preserve the narrative about how it all came to be. That narrative seems to be that Harold was a man with little vision, but to have a nice trailer park in order to get rid of land he owned, when son Gary came in and he along with his family, transformed it into the amazing place it has become. By the time this video was made the narrative seems to be that Harold was no more than the glad handing elder statesman, and not the driving force he appears to be in the video. No mention is made of Harold's daughter and her husband, who seem to be a pretty vital force in the development at that time according again to the video. It doesn't bother me that they seem to want this hidden, it's there property, but I sense a bit of overreach in maintaining control over the "story". I was excited when I found this and wanted to share it because I thought it was great fun to look back at the "early days" and see how things, and prices, had changed. For some reason the developers don't see it that way and that is too bad.

Tags
cool, youtube, found