HOME SECURITY

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Default HOME SECURITY

After reading many posts regarding security problems including home invasions, on my last trip down I had asked one of my neighbors for some advise to make the home more secure. This gentleman is a retired tool and die maker and one of the first things he did was to secure my sliding glass doors..he did a little security check for me and gave me a security FIX..He can change your locks and does light handywork. His name is Bill and phone# is 352-753-6583..give him a call..was a big help to me :cop:
Old 04-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: HOME SECURITY

You know, I have been thinking about the couple who had someone knock on their door later than one would expect flowers to be delivered and I just wondered what would have happened if they had not answered. Do you suppose they were looking for empty houses to break into, (the supposed florist delivery?)..

We have friends, one has a motion detector that reacts like a barking dog and another has a fake camera on their roofline edge that also reacts to motion and moves around as if scanning, but actually has no film in it.

That is one of the things that worries us about living in a house only half of the year. I am sure that good neighbors are a good thing, but people don't stay up all night.

We have friends that live in a gated community on a golf course in Sarasota and there was a rash of robberies during the daytime. Turns out it was one of the gardener people who had access through the gates, one robbery occurred when the home owner was in his front yard.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.