cooleroos are they worth it?

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Platinum member
Default cooleroos are they worth it?

Had Home Depot come out and measure for cooleroos. only looking to have 3 shades done on west side of lanai which is about 101 inches wide x 91. It's going to be over $1000. I was a bit staggered by that.

so my question is, are they really worth it? I'm almost tempted to buy the material off amazon cut three pieces and put grommets in them and hang them that way.

they called today and the color I wanted is backordered until April....so I have time to think about it.

does anyone use a different kind of solar shade? would an awning be better?

thanks for any input.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
Had Home Depot come out and measure for cooleroos. only looking to have 3 shades done on west side of lanai which is about 101 inches wide x 91. It's going to be over $1000. I was a bit staggered by that.

so my question is, are they really worth it? I'm almost tempted to buy the material off amazon cut three pieces and put grommets in them and hang them that way.

they called today and the color I wanted is backordered until April....so I have time to think about it.

does anyone use a different kind of solar shade? would an awning be better?

thanks for any input.
We have coolaroos that we were able to buy from Lowe's or Home Depot. They make 3 sizes to buy already made. Go on line to their website and see the sizes. Our cost for our entire lanai was only about $300. We have the dark brown shades. When looking through them you can see a shadow and they do a 3/4 job of blocking the sun. They seem to hold up well and we get them washed when we get our house washed. (These have been on our unenclosed lanai for 3 years already and still look good). They don't seem to fade that much.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

After having 2 very expensive estimates, we bought 2 Cooleroo shades from Home Depot. Our installed cost was just over $500. Each is approximately 72" × 86". That was 2 years ago and we are very satisfied with them. They are west facing and reduce the sun and heat quite nicely
Old 02-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

We had Cooleroos installed by Lowe's in our Lanai last year very satisfied
I'm not a big box store fan
We are very very happy from the start to finish professional in every aspect of the job.
They look great and preform great at blocking the harsh sun
yet they let you see out and give you privacy from outside
Old 02-20-2015, 06:49 AM

i have cooleroo shades for sale. posted yesterday. we had them on our lanai, which we had taken down to build a den. they are wonderful. call me--508-331-1470.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:04 AM
Platinum member

We had Home Depot install 3 Coolaroos (2, 84in X 70in & 1, 100in X 70in) on our lanai last June. Total cost with labor was around $1,200 including valance. They make a big difference blocking the afternoon sun and providing some privacy. We are glad we did it!!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

We had the custom shades installed, our lanai is around 13 ft by 35 ft, and the cost was around $2000. The reason was that some of the openings were larger then what we could get from Lowes or Home Depot. If you do not mind using 2 shades in a large opening, go to one of the above and get standard size shades, and have them cut to length in the store, you will save big time.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.