French Drains and TV

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2018, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Good luck. My experience with home warranty fixing outside drainage issues between houses has not been good. See my post home warranty can be frustrating
They have done amazing things for us, far beyond what we expected.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcm80 View Post
While I am in a posting mood, I have a question about the Home Warranty Dept of TV. I am a second owner of a 4 year old Designer in TV. I am on a cul de sac and the homes behind me are at a higher elevation than my property. So all the runoff from all the homes channels along my property line with my neighbor, and is prevented from exiting to the roadway due to the fact the curb is too hign and the road elevation is too high to allow proper drainage. The previous owner apparently never brought this up during the 1 year period after the sale.

What is the procedure in getting some remedy from TV Warranty Dept? Does anyone have any experience in this area.

During the last storm and heavy rain, I had water almost 7 inches deep that took days to go away and the ground is constantly soggy.

Help!!

We have a home in the same situation. We noticed the standing water before we bought the house. We took a lot of pics. We showed our agent who said they would take care of it. We also brought it up during final walkthrough & had it documented. Approx a month later they did take care of it. We have a French drain around the whole perimeter of my home. I would definitely check with warranty but if there is nothing they will do at this point you could get the name of who installs them. Mine did a fantastic job. I believe it was Tri County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-27-2018, 12:15 PM

Thank you all for your help. I have contacted Home Warranty and after some discussion they agreed to come and take a look. Had to sweet talk a little though..

If I do install the french drain it will be almost 120' long. My side of the cul de sac is on the lower elevation and there are 8 houses behind at a higher elevation.
Stuff rolls downhill!
Keep suggestions coming and I would appreciate a reference of a good company to do the french drain if you know of one.

Thank you all again.

John
Old 08-27-2018, 12:17 PM

I agree! she is a gem!
Old 09-04-2018, 04:11 PM

Thanks. I have contacted TV Warranty but now the problem is getting them to show up. 4 calls and several promises.......
Closed Thread

Tags
owner, homes, elevation, year, property

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.