Friendly Reminder For Returning Snowbirds

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2019, 10:49 AM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
We were driving (on the street) yesterday when we saw a cart on a MMP with someone standing on the back (where the golf-clubs go). It looked to be an adult. Couldn't see if the seat was full as they rounded a corner and we continued on our way. THAT is way too dangerous and stupid besides!!

Did someone say Darwin
Old 10-28-2019, 11:14 AM

yes I have something to add. Not everyone goes to the square in a golf cart, so it would be nice if the ones who do would try and park where there is another cart, instead of taking another space and leaves less places for cars.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Is Hogeye a walking path? Meaning no carts?
Yes.

Carts are not allowed on the nature trails around Hogeye.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring823 View Post
yes I have something to add. Not everyone goes to the square in a golf cart, so it would be nice if the ones who do would try and park where there is another cart, instead of taking another space and leaves less places for cars.
There is a LOT of parking areas very near to ALL of the squares. We never have a hard time finding a great place to park.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Just a quick friendly reminder as many of our seasonal folks return for the season.

1) Parking spaces hold 2 golf carts, one forward and one back. Also be careful to leave enough room for the car next to the space to be able to open the door.

2) When you are out walking for exercise or walking the dog, always walk facing oncoming traffic. With electric and quieter gas carts, you'll never hear em coming if your back is to them.

Be Safe.
Wow...what a public service announcement! Don't know how the "snowbirds" could survive without these! Tis' the season, but what about you full timers....
Old 10-28-2019, 02:54 PM
Veteran member

Also, when walking - Single File and wear a Light! Be alert and ready to dodge vehicles.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJohn View Post
Wow...what a public service announcement! Don't know how the "snowbirds" could survive without these! Tis' the season, but what about you full timers....
I can't imagine how people survived before returning here for the winter. They are probably so pleased to be here where locals can advise how and where to eat, sleep, drink, drive, park, tip, shop, play, relax, etc etc etc.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenLCSW View Post
Also — read the little brochure that shows how to drive the roundabouts!
Just heed the signage - they are very clear!
Inside lane - thru or left!
Outside lane thru or right!
In circle you have the right of way!
Old 10-28-2019, 07:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJohn View Post
Wow...what a public service announcement! Don't know how the "snowbirds" could survive without these! Tis' the season, but what about you full timers?

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-29-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:35 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring823 View Post
2 carts for every car equals double parking.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:29 AM

Please add this additional reminder to ALL drivers of golf carts, not just snow birds. Please be courteous and slow down/move over when approaching a pedestrian walking toward you. It is not always possible or advisable for the pedestrian to jump out of your way.

This morning, while walking a short distance down Morse Boulevard (the northern part, where the multi-modal path runs along side the roadway), a golf cart driver decided to play chicken with me. The grass was soaking wet because of the morning humidity, and there were no cars in sight, so I judged that the oncoming golf cart would pull over to pass me safely. He did not, until the very last moment. If there were oncoming cars, I would have, and indeed did several other times, step onto the grass verge. However, I try to avoid getting my shoes soaked during the first part of the walk, thus making the rest of the walk uncomfortable, and the shoes difficult to dry out at home.

Remember, if a golf cart hits a pedestrian, the pedestrian will be seriously injured, probably killed. The driver of the cart will have to live with that the rest of his life and possibly face criminal prosecution and/or a large civil lawsuit. The ideal solution would be for the governmental entity in charge to retro fit the path to alleviate this dangerous situation. Yes, it might cost a few dollars, but with a 25% tax increase to improve new roadways in the southern part of The Villages, it is only fair and equitable to invest some of that money up north to bring it up to the same standards as down south.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:58 AM
Sage

You should not be walking early in the morning, don't you know you are delaying golfers on their way , tee times are more valuable than you are--

Honestly consider yourself lucky, you didn't get whacked
Old 10-29-2019, 03:15 PM
Default Golf Cart Parking

As I have been taught, or as I observe on the streets, four golf carts fit to a parking space. Cars should not be sharing parking spaces with golf carts. But there are always bad parkers all year round and not just during snowbird season.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:10 PM

Perhaps add a note about the correct way to use roundabouts would be useful- as swooner stated, not just directed at snowbirds.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Keep up all the good suggestions, I (as a newbie) am still listening.
Closed Thread

Tags
reminder, friendly, walking, carts, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.