Frisbee - Any Interest?

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2018, 10:28 AM
Sage
Default Frisbee - Any Interest?

I was at LSL yesterday and, due to the nasty weather all afternoon and early evening, there was no entertainment. But it was a nice evening with some folks hanging around the square. There was a small group tossing a frisbee around and I joined them for a while. I just love it. But it's something that has fallen by the wayside over the years.

Anybody else? Would anybody have any interest in trying to get together once in a while to just fling frisbees for a while? Maybe at one of the rec centers, like behind Lake Miona where there is plenty of open grassy space.

Actually the square was a really good place for a modest frisbee session. The pavement was good for skipping. And a very social atmosphere of course. I wonder if it would be possible to toss at a square for a while a couple hours before entertainment started. (Definitely couldn't do it once significant crowds had started to form.)

Thoughts?
Old 07-07-2018, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

How about frisbee golf?

Disc Golf near us.
Lake Okahumpka Park
Wildwood, FL 33785

previous thread
Disc Golf
Old 07-07-2018, 01:55 PM

Love the idea! We even had these foam Frisbee disks at the elementary school where I taught and they allow those who are new to Frisbee to throw it with ease, are gentle to grasp for those with arthritis, don't hurt if they accidentally hit a passerby, and come in bright neon colors for easy visibility in sunlight.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

I typically throw a soft frisbee about 100 times each day, but never catch one thrown back to me. Why, because I have a boarder collie : )
Old 07-08-2018, 08:55 AM
Sage

If you are really serious about this, you should suggest it here: thevillages.com - feedback This method has replaced the Annual Survey. Disc Golf could certainly be as popular as some of the sports which are planned for south of 44, such as archery, soccer, RC cars, RC boats and Pentanque.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I typically throw a soft frisbee about 100 times each day, but never catch one thrown back to me. Why, because I have a boarder collie : )

Boarder Collies are the best!
Closed Thread

Tags
square, frisbee, good, started, entertainment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.