Frisbee - Any Interest? Come On!!

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2019, 04:42 PM
Sage
Default Frisbee - Any Interest? Come On!!

I'm one of those 70's hippie freak peaceniks that spent half my college days...and many years after...flinging frisbees around. I know I must not be the only one around here!!

Anyway, just gauging if there's any interest out there. And I'm not talking about anything too regimented. Just getting together at a chosen spot to have a little frisbee fun.

Experts? I'd love to fling some with you. Newbies and wannabees who have never touched a frisbee in your life? I'd be glad to give you a few pointers. You'd be good enough to have fun in no time at all!!

And owning your own disc is not even necessary. I'll provide the frisbees!!

Like I said, just seeing if anybody might want to give it a try some time. Location could be flexible, but the grassy area behind the basketball courts at the Lake Miona Rec Center is a good spot. And the courts themselves could even be used for some of the more advanced things like skipping and such.

So...whaddayasay? Even if you have just a slight interest, why don't you post. We'll keep the idea afloat at least until the snowbirds start returning.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:50 PM
Default Frisbee Golf

Frisbee golf at Lake Okahumpka park on 44. Free golf!
Old 09-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

I play frisbee about 6 - 8 times per day, but I only throw the frisbee and never catch one. That's the life of a Boarder Collie owner : )
Old 09-01-2019, 08:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I play frisbee about 6 - 8 times per day, but I only throw the frisbee and never catch one. That's the life of a Boarder Collie owner : )
Cool, tophcfa. I will be adopting some time in the next 6-12 months. Then I’ll be a frisbee-thrower-not-catcher also.

That time frame is why I need some human partners in the interim!!
Old 09-02-2019, 12:05 AM

Count me in! Has been awhile but would enjoy tossing again. PM or post here......
Old 09-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Cool, tophcfa. I will be adopting some time in the next 6-12 months. Then I’ll be a frisbee-thrower-not-catcher also.

That time frame is why I need some human partners in the interim!!
When you get your furry friend pick up a couple of soft frisbies designed specifically for dogs. We really like the ones sold at Tractor Supply Company. They are weighted very well and easy to throw unless it is very windy, then we have to play ball instead. The soft frisbee won't wear down the dogs teeth like a regular frisbee would.
Closed Thread

Tags
frisbee, interest, fun, frisbees, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.