A frog got into my gas furnace - a weird story

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Default A frog got into my gas furnace - a weird story

but not for the frog.. I tried the heat and the furnace would not work. It was faulting out. I called Munns'. They came out and after some tests took the exhaust pipe off the top of the furnace. Inside was a dead frog. It was causing enough of exhaust gas blockage that the furnace would not work. The repairman said he's seen alot of things in his career but never a dead frog. After the frog was removed, the furnace worked as usual. The only thing we could figure out was the frog climbed to the roof and then climbed up the metal exhaust pipe on the roof and crawled in and fell all the way down to the furnace. What luck I have... maybe I'll try a powerball ticket.

Pics of frog are attached. If you are faint of heart, don't look at them. You can make out the frog in the furnace with the vent pipe off.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4146.JPG
Views:	639
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	56992  
Old 01-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Sorry, I had to smile. Years ago our furnace wasn't working so took the panel off and found a mouse electrocuted after it bit into a wire. Not a pretty sight.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Platinum member

found a dead and fried green frog in a loose light fixture once.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Sage

Was asked to fix a power supply at work. When I removed the cover, a rat was drapped over the high voltage.

End of true story, especially, for the rat!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Son's pet snake in the furnace in Michigan. Poof! For the snake and the furnace.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:27 PM

We had a new furnace put in several years ago in Rochester. The installer forgot to put a screen over the vented pipe. I go to turn the furnace on and it doesn't work. Call the company and they open up the furnace and inside is a chipmunk cut up into a million pieces. The company did not want to replace the furnace motor until the installer admitted that he had screwed up.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Sage

I've heard a couple of stories too where folks have discovered (live) frogs in their toilets which must have come down through the sewer vent pipe on the roof. THAT would be a surprise especially if one didn't look before sitting down!!! LOL
Old 01-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Location: Too many to mention, then Loveland, OH; Poinciana then Fernandina!

That happened to a friend of mine - so now I always, ALWAYS look!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I've heard a couple of stories too where folks have discovered (live) frogs in their toilets which must have come down through the sewer vent pipe on the roof. THAT would be a surprise especially if one didn't look before sitting down!!! LOL
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big " Erica Jong
Closed Thread

Tags
frog, furnace, exhaust, pipe, dead, work, roof, climbed, gas, luck, figure, fell, metal, crawled, pics, vent, make, heart, faint, powerball, ticket, attached, things, munns, called

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.