Frogs

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I moved to South Florida in 1953 and down there they call it tourist season in the winter as compared to snowbird season here. Down there it was mostly tourist or visitors not winter residents. Miami Beach, the hotels, and a lot of Miami restaurants closed for the summer since there wasn't enough business to support them through the summer. Years later the summer tourist started to show up since hotels offered half price deals and It has been going great ever since.
The heat and humidity are a trademark of Florida but the humidity is not nearly as bad up here in The Villages as it is down there.
I thought the humidity in Jax was bad until I spent a week in Houston in July....wow East Texas makes Fla seem cool
Old 02-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Sage

I thought this thread might get a little more activity from all you frogs out there. I'll just wait and bump it again when spring/summer rolls around and see if there is more to talk about as the summer experiences return.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I'm just bored and thought I'd see if I could start a discussion for the full-timers here in TV. I know it's probably been discussed a bunch, but I don't really recall much recently, so what the heck...

I'm starting my second year here, so I'm still a novice at learning the differences between the busy season and the summer. Crowds obviously, but I'd like to hear anything you have to say related to being a frog...or not.

So far, I can say I really enjoyed our one summer here. I have my Dad's genes and he just loved the heat. Never heard him complain even once about the heat after moving from Ohio. I like playing golf late on a summer day, finishing up as the sun sets. I don't really get the same feeling on a crowded course when the sun goes down at 5 or 6 o'clock. And the cost of playing the championship courses after 5:00?!!? Can't beat that! But it's not just the golf. I like the general 'feel' of the summer, as intangible as that might be.

I like the winter too. Has it's own appeal...the vitality of all the crowds, cool/cold evenings, football, all the other peak season stuff. But I do really like being here year-round so far. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I agree.

And have you noticed that this bunch of flowers all over this enormous place is EVEN prettier than any here before???????

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.