Frogs, Toads & Millipedes oh my!

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2019, 10:01 PM
Michael Charles
Default Frogs, Toads & Millipedes oh my!

So it can't just be our house. I lived for 7 years in the village of St. James and I never saw any of them. As we opened up the garage to drive in tonight 5 (about the size of a medium lime) of them jumped into the garage and luckily none made it into the house! Is it possibly the abundance of millipedes is attracting them? How to deal with those millipedes also? I've placed about 12 glue pads inside next to the doors and out in the in the screened in lanai down every day now and replaced each one as there are about 15-20 per glue pad. We've put in a call to our pest management company but any other suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited by Michael Charles; 10-16-2019 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 10-17-2019, 03:15 PM
Michael Charles

Well, I was told that there isn't anything that my pest service company can do about any of them! They should be gone by next week. The frogs and roads are simply attracted to the post light and perhaps try switching out the bulbs to one that is designed to not attract bugs that the frogs and roads feed on. I was told the millipedes are naturally migrating plus they thrive on the thatch in our st. Augustine grass. Since we're in the southern oaks area which was recently turned into residential from cattle grazing and after a couple of twice a year seasons they should go elsewhere. So, its more glue trap and bringing out the shop vac for a short while.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

I have a CFL "bug" light for the post lamp which seems to have cut down the number of bugs that were around the house, not sure if there is an LED version. It has a slight yellowish color compared to a typical CFL.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:14 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

At least frogs are a sign of a healthy environment.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
At least frogs are a sign of a healthy environment.
And just think of all those yummy, delicious frog legs, all for free.(tastes like chicken)

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 10-18-2019, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

What, no snakes?

Tags
millipedes, glue, garage, house, suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.