Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Founder
Default Re: Frogs in the toilet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla
Jan:
It seems to me that the situation is all too clear! :joke:
The frogs have been scared away from the railroad right-of-way and have selected the only obvious sanctuary! :joke:
Steve
They are trying to commit suicide by jumping down the vent pipe into the toilet. :joke:
Old 08-13-2007, 03:30 PM

AS a Florida native, I do not know of any poison species of frog in this area, I have heard of the cuban variety, the ones
around here are harmless, unless someone has brought something in recently. Snakes do occasionally end up in the lue.
LOOK BEFORE SITTING ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :yikes:
Old 08-13-2007, 03:38 PM

JAN, ARE YOU THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS FROGS IN THEIR TOILET? I HOPE SO. PLEASE, PLEASE, SEND US PICTURES. RIGHT NOW EVERYONE THINKS THAT THE TRAIN HAS GOT TO YOUR HEAD. TAKE CARE THE KAR GUY. JUST KIDDING YOU.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Veteran member

Here's what your typical frog home invader looks like. Nasty 'lil dudes. There's word out that guerrilla bands have been on the prowl near CSX railways....they're not happy about the noise.

The Villages Florida
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Veteran member

My very lovely wife went out to the refrigerator not so long ago to get a drink of water! When she put the glass in the icemaker, out jumped a little frog..at which point, all hell broke loose for a time! She screamed and I jumped from my computer and managed to catch the cocker spaniel before she ate the frog while my wife continued to scream (although not as bad) while I tried to catch the frog with my hat...the cocker spaniel was going for the frog, I was going for the frog, my wife was putting distance between her and the frog when I not so pleasantly asked her to take the dog off my hands. With that accomplished, I cornered the little SOB in my hat and put him, her, or it outside to commune with the rest of the frogs. Sooooooo, when you go to get a glass of water, you never really know what is going to jump out of the hole, do you?
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-13-2007, 04:29 PM

WAS THAT FROG DRESSED OR JUST WEARING HIS USUAL ICE GOWN ON?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Veteran member

That frog was naked as a jaybird...however, my wife is VERY happy that she wasn't going for crushed ice!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Veteran member

???
I am now walking lopsided which will make me a great deer hunter in Donna's Pocono Mt's ( visualize the longer leg downhill please. The reason for this lopsided condition is that you guys and girls have pulled my leg wayyyyyyyyyyy to much. Honestly snakes. frogs, gators in my porcelain goddess, give me a break.
Handie :joke:
Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackbeth
AS a Florida native, I do not know of any poison species of frog in this area, I have heard of the cuban variety, the ones
around here are harmless, unless someone has brought something in recently. Snakes do occasionally end up in the lue.
LOOK BEFORE SITTING ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :yikes:

OMG!!! :yikes: Snakes? Are you serious? I have a MAJOR PHOBIA about snakes. I've mentally accepted that FL has more snakes than NY. However, I can't accept them in my home! And, I will be living alone, so have no one to come to my rescue. Is there anything that can be done to ensure they won't come in through the lue or any other means?

PLEASE HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Veteran member

:dontknow: Not sure about snakes but the frog in our refrigerator icemaker opening is a true story. You can't leave a lanai door ajar or a front door or garage door open very long in the early morning or the evening because frogs WILL try and enter the house.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:51 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO A PROPER FROG LEG RECIPE?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:05 PM

EWWWWWWWWW! (I'm a person of few words.... lol)
Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Eternal Member

Because of the lizards (anoles here in Florida), I usually keep the lanai doors closed. Even with a closed in lanai, the anoles get in. There is anole poop all over the lanai. I have a storm door on the front so I can get a view and a breeze when I have the A/C off which is never in the summer and sometimes in the winter. I keep the garage door closed to keep the rest of the creepy crawly things out.

I have never seen a frog or anything else in my toilet although I have seen tree frogs on the walls of the house. I have seen toads in the yard after a heavy rain. I have seen snakes and snake skins in the yard and in the garden. (Make sure you wear gloves in the garden.)

This is Florida. Lots of creepy crawlers.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
Because of the lizards (anoles here in Florida), I usually keep the lanai doors closed. Even with a closed in lanai, the anoles get in. There is anole poop all over the lanai. I have a storm door on the front so I can get a view and a breeze when I have the A/C off which is never in the summer and sometimes in the winter. I keep the garage door closed to keep the rest of the creepy crawly things out.

I have never seen a frog or anything else in my toilet although I have seen tree frogs on the walls of the house. I have seen toads in the yard after a heavy rain. I have seen snakes and snake skins in the yard and in the garden. (Make sure you wear gloves in the garden.)

This is Florida. Lots of creepy crawlers.

Oh well, guess I won't be doing any of my own gardening! :yikes: That means I'd best not plant too many items that need tending to....could get very expensive.

I better start a notebook listing things to do and things NOT to do when I move to TV!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

I am freaking out reading these posts! Does having cats help! I have a hard time with a normal size bug.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.