Front Door Improvements

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2017, 06:18 AM
Default Front Door Improvements

This subject has probably been addressed before but since I’m new, here goes...I’d really like to paint my boring white front door and add a screen door as well for some curb appeal. Do I need approval to make these small changes?

Thank you. 🙂
Old 10-20-2017, 06:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You should contact Community Standards to ensure that you receive the correct information.

VCDD Community Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsBurgers View Post
This subject has probably been addressed before but since I’m new, here goes...I’d really like to paint my boring white front door and add a screen door as well for some curb appeal. Do I need approval to make these small changes?

Thank you. 🙂
Old 10-20-2017, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

We are going to screen in the front porch, and I had to go to ARC for approval, I do not know about just a screen door, call to be sure. As for the color change, this will probably require approval.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
You should contact Community Standards to ensure that you receive the correct information.

VCDD Community Standards
Definitely, call Community Standards. They will provide direction.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:03 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsBurgers View Post

Thank you. 🙂
Bob I sent you a PM Len
Old 10-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Gold member

At orientation when I bought my house they stated it in very simple terms. You can make any changes you want to the inside of your house without approval. If you are making any changes to the outside of your house contact the VCDD first.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Also make sure you sign the proper forms and follow yourself. There are contractors here that have told clients they will handle the process for them and, surprise surprise, when someone files a complaint with Community Standards they learn the contractor didn't do what they were supposed to do. Ultimately, you are responsible.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-21-2017, 12:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Also make sure you sign the proper forms and follow yourself. There are contractors here that have told clients they will handle the process for them and, surprise surprise, when someone files a complaint with Community Standards they learn the contractor didn't do what they were supposed to do. Ultimately, you are responsible.
Good point. A few contractors will they say they've obtained the necessary permission, but they haven't bothered.
There should be no problem obtaining copies of the approval paperwork. As JoMar says: YOU are responsible.
Closed Thread

Tags
door, front, curb, screen, add

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.