Front door painting

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2022, 04:30 PM
Default Front door painting

Looking for someone to repair a front door, fill in a hole, paint and also install new electronic door locks.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:10 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Just a gentle reminder that if you plan to change the color of the door, that project requires ARC approval.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsachs View Post
Looking for someone to repair a front door, fill in a hole, paint and also install new electronic door locks.
OP, you might include the type of door, wood, fiberglass, metal, etc, this makes a lot of difference for the work you are asking for. Also, is the hole from damage (rust, termites, etc.) or from old hardware removal?

Depending on the damage, it might be better to just get a new door.

If the electronic lock(s) is replacing an existing lock, this is usually a simple remove a few screws, then the old lock, install the new lock and install the retaining screws.
Old 08-12-2022, 07:42 PM

---

Last edited by RPDaly; 09-30-2022 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDaly View Post
I called ARC when before I painted my door and no approval was required. They just warned against it being a crazy or a wild color or used some other adjective to make the point. I painted it a deep blue like many others have in my area. But please call for yourself.
There was a woman in my neighborhood who was told by ARC that she had to get a signed approval by 75 percent of the residents in our courtyard villa section to paint her front door a different color. I signed it, but only after giving her a lot of grief.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

I live in a patio villa and was told by the ARC I do not need approval to change my door color.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:39 AM

Actually I checked because we also wanted to change our front door color and was told you do not need ARC approval. Now if we want to change the color on the peak of our house, we do need approval. We are in a CYV, not sure if that matters or not.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:48 AM
Default J and J services 352-722-6376

Quote:
Call Jeff, he can do that for you plus anything else you need a Handyman for.

1-352-722-6376
Old 08-14-2022, 06:49 AM

I highly recommend ACI Painting-- Efrain Garcia. (352) 348 - 9543. I, and many of my neighbors, as well as my sister-in-law, have used Efrain to paint inside as well as the entire exterior. Efrain is an excellent painter-- who pays a lot of attention to detail. He is honest, dependable, and reasonably priced. Efrain is also willing to take-on difficult projects. For example-- he was able to remove years of stain and spar urethane from our fiberglass front door. He did a beautiful job-- none of the texture of the door was damaged in the process. He applied new stain and spar urethane. It looks beautiful-- like new-- when we moved to The Villages in 2010.
Old 08-14-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Just a gentle reminder that if you plan to change the color of the door, that project requires ARC approval.
This is what I received from the administrative assistant at Community Standards. "Thank you for your email and inquiry. For District #7 you would be allowed to paint your door any color to match you home as long as it is not bright, neon or florescent."
Old 08-14-2022, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Courtyard villas have more strict rules about colors than other house types.
Old 08-14-2022, 07:58 AM

All they ask for was a name of someone to do the work.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Default Handyman- Eric Stites

Highly recommend handyman, Eric Stites (Villages resident) 812 204-4023
Old 08-14-2022, 09:02 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
This is what I received from the administrative assistant at Community Standards. "Thank you for your email and inquiry. For District #7 you would be allowed to paint your door any color to match you home as long as it is not bright, neon or florescent."
External Deed Restriction Standards & District 7 Adopted Rule to Bring About Deed Compliance
"A. Homes
Re-Painting (Base or Trim)
In regards to home re-painting it is not considered an alteration, modification or change
requiring ARC approval IF the chosen color is the original color at time of construction, a
color included on the current District approved color palette or is a color within the hue
range of the palette. Therefore, if the chosen color is the original color at time of
construction, on the current District approved color palette or within the approved hue
range of the palette, ARC approval is not required. If the chosen color is not the original
color at time of construction, is not on the current District approved color palette or within
the approved hue range, the homeowner must seek and receive ARC approval to utilize
chosenhttps://www.districtgov.org/departments/community-standards/images/compliance-standards/District7_Rules.pdf?v=202011 color. The approved color palette is subject to change. The District’s current
approved color palette can be viewed at the Community Standards Department. Color
palettes may not be commingled. For example, if a homeowner utilizes a base color from
palette 1, the homeowner must choose a trim color from palette 1.
Homeowner may select a color from one manufacturer and use another manufacturer’s paint.
B. Courtyard Villas, Patio Villas, Bungalows and Cottages
In regards to re-painting refer to the District’s adopted Rule, which includes the Matrix."
VCDD Community Standards

Old 08-14-2022, 12:42 PM
Veteran member

As for electronic door locks, there are many to choose from. I use all HomeKit aware locks and all my other home devices operate off my iPhone/iPad and from the car using Siri. So besides being able to use a key or typing in a number on the keypad, I just tell Siri to open/lock my doors anywhere I am in the country. Same goes for the garage doors, the sprinkler system, the thermostat, the lights in the house, vacuum, and more. Easy to do if you buy the right products and use the Apple environment capable products. And of course your locks will need to be wifi aware.
Closed Thread

Tags
door, front, hole, electronic, install

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.