Scam IRS

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Scam IRS

I received one of the Scam IRS calls and reported it to the IRS Fraud Dept. If you get one and you have an iPhone5 you can go to your list of recent calls, look for the scam phone number and on the far right you will see a small i. If you hit on this it will bring up some options one of which is to block the call. Hit on that and the number is blocked. I was getting the calls at least
every 3 days and found this is the way to stop them on my cell phone.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Default IRS Fraud Call ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I received one of the Scam IRS calls and reported it to the IRS Fraud Dept. If you get one and you have an iPhone5 you can go to your list of recent calls, look for the scam phone number and on the far right you will see a small i. If you hit on this it will bring up some options one of which is to block the call. Hit on that and the number is blocked. I was getting the calls at least
every 3 days and found this is the way to stop them on my cell phone.
I have received a call from 844-831-0132 each day for the last 3 days . I have not answered and have not received a message. I am not positive but I suspect it is one of the IRS fraud calls.

I will not block it until I contact the fraud people in case there is a way to trace it back.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 01-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Dude View Post
I have received a call from 844-831-0132 each day for the last 3 days . I have not answered and have not received a message. I am not positive but I suspect it is one of the IRS fraud calls.

I will not block it until I contact the fraud people in case there is a way to trace it back.
That is a political survey company.
Just Google the number.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:06 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

I reported two different ones to the IRS fraud department and also AARP fraud watch. I suggest you report the number if you still have it to the AARP fraud watch network so it reaches more people. When I binged the numbers the internet said both were using internet phoning and were offshore so the Feds could do nothing.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.