FSBO Flat Fee Service?

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2020, 12:50 PM
Sage

Anytime you ask multiple vendors for a quote or comparison shop in multiple stores you are doing the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
So you feel that it's okay to have an experienced realtor spend his/her time and effort to do the work of finding comparable pricing, doing the research and coming up with a competitive price only to dump him/her and list it yourself on zillow at a lower price. How thoughtful of you, I'm sure the realtor thanked you for that great opportunity.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:18 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post

Anytime you ask multiple vendors for a quote or comparison shop in multiple stores you are doing the same thing.
No, it is not the same thing, in this case he knows up front that he is only "using" the agent with no intent of ever giving the listing to him/her. He was not comparing one agent against another, he was "using" his/her expertise for his own benefit, that is stooping pretty low.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:27 PM

Never heard that one “they expect a discount “ why ?? The market price is the market price.. just silly to mark it down before you’ve even tried.. easier to drop a price than to raise a price so start at 5000 over market if you want and reduce if you get no traffic
Old 11-21-2020, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I sold my former home at a FSBO and it was a fairly simple process - and kept the entire commission. Nowadays, I'd opt for the 3% agent, TV homes sell themselves so go the less expensive route as long as you get MLS / zillow exposure. Good luck.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:23 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
So you feel that it's okay to have an experienced realtor spend his/her time and effort to do the work of finding comparable pricing, doing the research and coming up with a competitive price only to dump him/her and list it yourself on zillow at a lower price. How thoughtful of you, I'm sure the realtor thanked you for that great opportunity.
If your purpose in life is to ensure someone else, a non family member, earn more by never wasting any time then yes indeed this is quite low.

Oddly enough the topic of this thread is about saving cash in RE transactions, not increasing them.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:34 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
If your purpose in life is to ensure someone else, a non family member, earn more by never wasting any time then yes indeed this is quite low.

Oddly enough the topic of this thread is about saving cash in RE transactions, not increasing them.
Oddly enough I believe in being fair and ethical when dealing with anyone, family or not. Maybe in today's world I am the oddity and you are the new norm. Also Oddly enough is the fact that using a full commission agent may in fact bring more cash compared to the budget agent.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:37 PM

It’s become a rather dated model these days Using a realtor I to would have three Cmas done and compare that number with my own. Pricing is an art of course not so much in a town of many similar models to use as comps. This is not rocket science
Old 11-21-2020, 06:55 PM

We listed home FSBO on Zillow ( June 2020) Several realtors called asking “if we brought you a buyer would you pay a commission ? “ yes, 2% you do the paperwork. Sold to 2nd person who looked at it.
We have sold 3 homes like this. Almost everyone ( including realtors ) check Zillow . You can do your own market analysis on “SOLD” properties that are similar and in your area to get you price per sq ft . We even purchased the home we are in now without a realtor. The listing was with a realtor and he even charged the seller the whole commission “she is a good friend “ was what he said to us ... with friends like that who needs enemies he should have passed the savings on to the seller, yes this was a realtor in the Villages. They don’t look out for you !
Old 11-21-2020, 08:21 PM
Sage

Yes, it is. Anytime you get multiple quotes on anything you are "using" somebody for your own gain. When you get multiple quotes you know up front that you are not going to use any of them, except for one. If you get 5 quotes then you are "using" 80% of the quotes. Grow up and admit the truth. If you don't think that sales people know this, and know that their hit rate is not 100%, then you are delusional. In The Villages, any agent can run the comps and give you the likely selling price within a few percent in no time at all. If it makes you feel better then tell the agent up front that you are going to do a FSBO, with a commission to a selling agent, and want their opinion on price. I believe most agents will come talk to you as it is an opportunity to try to convince you to list with them. Sales people always want to be in front of potential customers. Why? Sales people are first and foremost selling themselves. The sale of their product is the result of selling themselves first. They may also wind up as the selling agent on a FSBO.

Quote:
No, it is not the same thing, in this case he knows up front that he is only "using" the agent with no intent of ever giving the listing to him/her. He was not comparing one agent against another, he was "using" his/her expertise for his own benefit, that is stooping pretty low.

Last edited by biker1; 11-22-2020 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:27 AM

Wow... shaking my head.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:37 AM

I have sold three houses without any realtor at all. The 3% folks intrigue me because they put it on the MLS for you but that is about it.
When I am looking for a house, I get on Zillow or Trulia or Realtor.com and look for something, and I believe most others do as well. So as long as I can greet people, show the house, take pictures and write the copy why would I pay anyone multiple thousands to do it for me?
I know, they claim that they can sell it for more because of their experience, well maybe some can. I am certain that many people don’t know how to sell so perhaps they should not.
You can hire an appraiser if you don’t know the value of the property. As far as the legal side of the sale, you can go to almost any Title company and ask for a FSBO package and you will be good to go. The title company does all of the legal work anyway, not the realtor.
When I sold the three houses on my own one took 2 months, I was selling it over the Holidays, another sold in 20 days and the third took four hours. Each and every time the home buyers were very pleased to speak with the home buyer as opposed to a realtor who knew only a bit about the house.
Again, FSBO is not for everyone and it takes work and constant phone calls but the pay is good. It is easy to list on Zillow and once you do, that ad is posted to Trulia as well.

Good Luck and may the Force be with you!
Old 11-22-2020, 09:39 AM

100% correct any entry into a mls system depending on the broker sends that info to all the online sites don’t be surprised to see Zillow getting into the listing market soon. The thing is who brought in the buyer the agent or the Zillow ad. In my experience 90% of agents do very few “sides” (houses sold) anyway a lot of them don’t have the experience they say they do.. read read read and list it plenty of articles on how to get a home ready.. the biggest is declutter fix cosmetic items get rid of smells blah blah blah .
Old 01-03-2021, 10:51 AM

Would you send me the name of the realtor. Pct59hiker@yahoo.com
Old 01-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

When I sold my home in Bel Air, Maryland in 2011, I listed it with an agency that charged 1.75%. It was sold the next morning by noon by Long & Foster the largest Realtor in Maryland to the first couple viewing the home.

The listing agency in most cases will not be the seller, I know I use to sell in Hernando County Florida. The selling agent doesn't care when they show a home how much the listing agent is going to receive, the selling agent and the selling broker will still get their full commission. You will still pay the full commission to the selling broker and agent, it will be in the contract that they bring you.

So when someone will say you get what you pay for, they're wrong in this situation. Anyone in Harford or Baltimore County who wants to sell their home, check out Advance Realty.

Advance Realty Bel Air, Inc | Serving your real estate needs in Harford & Baltimore Counties
Closed Thread

Tags
home, fee, service, flat, fsbo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.