Fully open squares

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I guess everyone has their own level of comfort and their own degree of belief in science. I would guess there a lot of people who haven't been vaccinated and don't intend to be. I've had my shots, but don't want to be around them. Dr. Fauci is recommending social distancing and masks.
Two masks. We'll be ready to go by July 4th. I can't wait, meanwhile, I'll keep re breathing my own carbon dioxide. Such bliss!
Old 03-23-2021, 04:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
Two masks. We'll be ready to go by July 4th. I can't wait, meanwhile, I'll keep re breathing my own carbon dioxide. Such bliss!
Has anyone keeled over from CO2 intoxication yet? Didn't think so.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Doubt it. The only people a mask would affect are those with severe COPD since the mask adds a bit of extra obstruction. Those people are probably already in a wheelchair on supplemental O2.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Are the chairs back yet?
Chairs were back last night.

Haven't we been told that it's almost impossible to contract this virus outdoors? What's the problem.

The problem in Miami Beach was caused by the city instituting a ridiculous 8PM curfew during spring break and then sending out riot squads to enforce it. Instead of realizing their mistake, they changed the curfew to 7PM.

The chances of contracting the virus outdoors is practically nil and the chances of a college aged person getting seriously ill from it are even lower.

Yes, I do believe that those of us that are in the Villages age group have to be especially careful but wearing a mask while driving in your golf cart is preventing nothing. And he chance of catching the virus outdoors at the squares is almost zero.

There's a difference between being careful and being paranoid.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 03-23-2021 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:52 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
No, however, the paper masks are one-use things, and cloth masks are supposed to be washed. There have been incidents of mold growth on the masks due to humidity.. not CO2..
Old 03-24-2021, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
The amount of air we inhale and expire dwarfs the airspace in a mask.
Old 03-25-2021, 04:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet2020 View Post
The amount of air we inhale and expire dwarfs the airspace in a mask.
The problem for those with respiratory compromise is not the AMOUNT of CO2 they "rebreathe", it is the added obstructive component that leads to CO2 RETENTION.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I love how SS square was designed with so much parking around the band. Easy to stay in parked vehicle and enjoy a night out.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:06 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I love how SS square was designed with so much parking around the band. Easy to stay in parked vehicle and enjoy a night out.
The SS square always reminds me of the movie American Graffiti. Cruising! And also reminds me of home, being on the water.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Guess it is time for my wife and I to start enjoying entertainment on the squares
Old 03-26-2021, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

In spite of the negative wording, this article says what has always been known about contracting Covid-19 out doors. From the article: "There were virtually no cases that we could identify that took place in sort of everyday life outdoors," study author Mike Weed, a professor and researcher at Canterbury Christ Church University, told AFP.

About 9% of all people in the United States have contracted Covid-19. What this article says is that six percent of that nine percent have contracted it outdoors. Someone do the math for me and tell me what the odds are of catching it at the squares.

But read the whole thing here:
Catching coronavirus outside is rare but not impossible
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 03-26-2021 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Guess it is time for my wife and I to start enjoying entertainment on the squares
Check out the webcams of the 3 squares and surroundings. Maybe this will help you to decide if you want to go there.
Here is the link: The Villages
Old 03-26-2021, 01:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I guess everyone has their own level of comfort and their own degree of belief in science. I would guess there a lot of people who haven't been vaccinated and don't intend to be. I've had my shots, but don't want to be around them. Dr. Fauci is recommending social distancing and masks.
I wasn't going to say anything, but you bring up Emporer Fauci so I had to. I have been paying attention, and I have an Engineering degree and understand statistics. To be honest you don't have to be a scientist to see what is true and what is not- The most obvious things are - Lockdowns and masks do just about NOTHING. It is all theater. This virus is kind of nasty if you are older than 65, if you are not, it just is not that scary, especially if you are under 40 (I am 57). The Vaccines are SAFE and EFFECTIVE. Once you are 2 weeks past second shot, go live your life, you will be fine, no matter what your age.

Trump should have fired Fauci, he can't make up his mind, and he would not know "science" if it bit him. Of course if you believe that people don't know their sex when they are born and that is your idea of "Science", then Fauci is an "Expert".

Sorry, I just am so sick of people believing lies, on BOTH sides(including the antivax crowd), I had to say something. I did not mean to sound like I was attacking you.

Once you have the shot - go have fun.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 03-26-2021, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
LSL is designed that way too. LSL is my favorite town square.
Old 03-26-2021, 01:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
In spite of the negative wording, this article says what has always been known about contracting Covid-19 out doors. From the article: "There were virtually no cases that we could identify that took place in sort of everyday life outdoors," study author Mike Weed, a professor and researcher at Canterbury Christ Church University, told AFP.

About 9% of all people in the United States have contracted Covid-19. What this article says is that six percent of that nine percent have contracted it outdoors. Someone do the math for me and tell me what the odds are of catching it at the squares.

But read the whole thing here:
Catching coronavirus outside is rare but not impossible
Winston- I have to say I agree with just about everything you posted in this column, except one. My wife is a school district Nurse and has been a peds nurse for 35 years. Basically, she would tell you that a LOT more kids have had this than have been tested. Most Pediatricians are telling parents not to bother testing, and don't worry about it, they will be over it in 2 days. In fact, many parents have had "covid parties" to get it over with (remember chickenpox parties? Same thing). Also, JP morgans statisticians think that between 30 and 40% of the population have had this. Based on people I know that seems a bit high, but oh well. My view is get everyone over 40 vacinated and open up. the young people will pass it around to all of the rest in no time. We should leave the spring breakers alone to have fun. They have made their decision.

Of course I ride a Harley and some people think I am nuts. Get you Vaccine and stop worrying is my view. The whole idea is that if you are vaccinated, you won't end up in to the hospital. Even if you get sick it will be minor.
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

Tags
fully, breakers, spring, act, open

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.