Blind Faith

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Veteran member
Default Blind Faith

Has a song called "Do What You Like" which is a philosophy adapted by many Villagers. Nothing ever gets solved from posts on this board. So I'm starting a DWYL movement. It the large scheme of things it won't make any difference either. So why not DWYL. The rest will take care of itself if there is more good
than bad. Don't you think?
Old 02-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Has a song called "Do What You Like" which is a philosophy adapted by many Villagers. Nothing ever gets solved from posts on this board. So I'm starting a DWYL movement. It the large scheme of things it won't make any difference either. So why not DWYL. The rest will take care of itself if there is more good
Not knowing whether this thread is a lark or bait I will challenge the red highlight above.

TOTV provides the solution(s) many times a day to problems/issues/needs of the participants. And in my opinion much more often than not.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Not knowing whether this thread is a lark or bait I will challenge the red highlight above.

TOTV provides the solution(s) many times a day to problems/issues/needs of the participants. And in my opinion much more often than not.
Yes, I should have been more clear. I'm talking about the threads that come up time after time, you know the ones. I'm not talking about the ones asking for moving help or how to put up a fan. This is an excellent site for that type of information.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Agree with BTK's response. Aside from that, other posts are to lighten the mood or bring inspirational thought to others. To the OP - could you be more specific? I'm not sure I get your point. Do you mean like threads on aggressive driving, round-abouts, dog poop, etc where discussing the topic probably won't change the minds of the offenders?
Old 02-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Has a song called "Do What You Like" which is a philosophy adapted by many Villagers. Nothing ever gets solved from posts on this board. So I'm starting a DWYL movement. It the large scheme of things it won't make any difference either. So why not DWYL. The rest will take care of itself if there is more good than bad. Don't you think?
I think a lot of people have found contractors, stores, restaurants, landscapers, etc., based on reviews on TOTV.
I know that I have.
It's a Forum. People ask for opinions and others give them. I don't think that DWYL is a polite response.

Last edited by Barefoot; 02-12-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Platinum member
Talking

I think the writer is referring to topics like roundabouts, discourtious people, cutting trees, sinking bridges, covered pools, the list goes on. Will these topics get resolved on this site? NO, but when we all share opinions and views, we will have a better understanding of the issues. What we read here will make us better drivers, maybe nicer people, more knowledgable about the working of TV. Life inside the bubble can be fun! Don't let what you read here make you think the sky (or the bridge) is falling!
Old 02-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Perhaps reading the lyrics will give some insight:

Blind Faith*– Do What You Like Lyrics

Do right, use your head.
Everybody must be fed.
Get together, break your bread.
Yes, together, that's what I said.
Do what you like.

Don't fight, use your head.
It's all right every night.
Do what you like, that's what I said.
Everybody must be fed.
Do what you like.

Open your eyes.
Realize you're not dead.
Take a look at an open book.
Do what you like.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
If, as you post, many Villagers have already 'adapted' the philosophy - seems to me that the 'movement' already started.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Old 02-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Perhaps reading the lyrics will give some insight:

Blind Faith*– Do What You Like Lyrics

Do right, use your head.
Everybody must be fed.
Get together, break your bread.
Yes, together, that's what I said.
Do what you like.

Don't fight, use your head.
It's all right every night.
Everybody must be fed.
Do what you like.

Open your eyes.
Realize you're not dead.
Take a look at an open book.
Do what you like.
GREAT song .... classic lyrics by Ginger Baker (and the only song on the album he wrote the lyrics for)
Old 02-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

There is an interesting documentary on Ginger Baker - "Beware of Mr. Baker". Might be able to find it on Netflix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
GREAT song .... classic lyrics by Ginger Baker (and the only song on the album he wrote the lyrics for)
Old 02-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Yes, I should have been more clear. I'm talking about the threads that come up time after time, you know the ones. I'm not talking about the ones asking for moving help or how to put up a fan. This is an excellent site for that type of information.
Hi walter123: I believe the answer to your question as to why threads keep repeating it may well have to do with the fact that the members doing so are new to the forum. Secondly, those who are not and join in offer information that has passed in the past to facilitate. Third there are members who become tired of repeat threads but then in all due respect, they could just avoid them.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 02-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

If repetitive threads and their subject matter are bothering you, use the refrigerator method as I have said several times here. Open TOTV, look, take what you want and ignore and leave the rest. No big deal.

Rubicon's post is spot on.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Please proofread what you wrote and try writing it again. You might be onto something and I want to help.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.