Furniture Ballpark

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2020, 07:56 AM

Check out sales on NextDoor or Talk of the Villages, too.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:59 AM
Gold member

12k too low...don't forget pictures, window treatments, rugs, lamps, etc...linens...
Old 01-08-2020, 08:02 AM
Default Furnishing a 3/2 Designer from scratch

If you have time, check the classified ads on this site daily and download the Estatesales.net app for your iPhone. Today, Estatesales.net lists 14 estate sales that will occur in The Villages in the next 7 days. We bought a 2 bedroom package from Babette's + bought furniture from other sources, including City Furniture, for the third bedroom. While that worked well, it did not include nearly enough extra decorations for tables, walls counter tops and the tops of cabinets in the kitchen. It also did not include anything for plates, utensils, pots and pans etc. for the kitchen and nothing for the lanai and garage. Now, to actually answer your question - $25,000, more or less, depending on classifieds and estate sale purchases. PM me for more specific information.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:06 AM

Your furniture expense can vary widely depending on the quality of furniture you buy. My recommendation is get very good quality for where you will live, living room and master bedroom. Other areas good but not great. One thing that can increase the costs dramatically is art work for the walls. There are some great artists at the various art shows but prices can be high if you have expensive tastes.

I agree that going to Babette’s in Leesburg is the place to go. With the sister store offering lower prices you can get some good deals. Agree that second hand stores may have some items you can use at lower pricing. Finally, talk to your neighbors. We are in a new build area and one guy near me had to get rid of a beautiful dining room set because it didn’t fit his model. It would of been perfect for our big dining area but he had already given it away to a worker at his home. Best of luck.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:25 AM
Default Furniture

I was lucky enough to buy my new home furnished. It was not only furnished but decorated as well. Saved me a lot of time and trouble. Babette’s did everything for $15,000.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:55 AM

Quick question, Mike alluded to adding furniture to his rental. We are looking to acquire an investment property before we move there as well. If you didn’t have furniture I suspect you were targeting yearly tenants. Do you think they prefer the furniture option? Love the options of places to purchase and the quality discussions.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:07 AM

I like Rooms to Go.
Ordered everything for my house on line, before I moved, set up delivery date. They delivered and set it all up.
Very substantial furniture.
In house now 3 years and everything still looks new. I ordered all the furniture for 3 bd/2 bath. Nice stuff.
Lots of options. Total cost delivered and set was close to $12,000.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
What ever you do-stay away from City Furniture-we never bought anything from them--check out consumer complaints about this company
We’ve purchased, on several occasions, furniture pieces at City Furniture in Lake Sumter Landing. Our experience has always been good service and quality furniture.
I’ve never understood all the complaints on TOTV about this company, doesn’t seem justified to me based on our experience.

We’ve also purchased a lot of furniture from Babettes and highly recommend them for great service good furniture at a reasonable price.

Last edited by Aw Man; 01-09-2020 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Added Babettes recommendation.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

Thrift shops for the dining room. Get a 50 year old classic design for $300-500 . that would cost 2-5,000 new
Old 01-09-2020, 09:28 AM

Furnished 1850 sq feet 3 bedroom fully, top to bottom = $27,000
Old 01-09-2020, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
We’ve purchased, on several occasions, furniture pieces at City Furniture in Lake Sumter Landing. Our experience has always been good service and quality furniture.
I’ve never understood all the complaints on TOTV about this company, doesn’t seem justified to me based on our experience.

We’ve also purchased a lot of furniture from Babettes and highly recommend them for great service good furniture at a reasonable price.
You're one of the lucky ones who slipped through the cracks at City Furniture.

Horrible Experience with City Furniture

City Furniture ( Disappointed )

City Furniture Day 1

Buyer Beware - City Furniture

City Furniture sales people have bad attitude

City Furniture

City Furniture AGAIN
Old 01-09-2020, 11:50 AM
Default Furniture costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ1325 View Post
Trying to get a ballpark on furniture pricing for 1600 sq ft home. $250K range. 3 bedroom, 2 bath. New homes come with Stove and Fridge. We are trying to get an idea of bedroom furniture, living room, etc. Nothing high end. Just general common people stuff.
Sadly when I priced what a home would cost furnished, it said up to $3,000 on the cost of a home.
We found hitting the resale and thrift shops offered some great deals. I would give those a look first. Almost Perfect furniture is nice but very pricy.
It was fun to do to! Found everything we needed and fantastic prices. You’d be amazed what people donate to these places. Good Luck!
Old 01-09-2020, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyladycruz View Post
Sadly when I priced what a home would cost furnished, it said up to $3,000 on the cost of a home.
We found hitting the resale and thrift shops offered some great deals. I would give those a look first. Almost Perfect furniture is nice but very pricy.
It was fun to do to! Found everything we needed and fantastic prices. You’d be amazed what people donate to these places. Good Luck!
I have found that Bargains and Treasures is a good place to buy used furniture. But, Almost Perfect is overpriced.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:05 PM

IMHO, the best thing to do is buy complete junk, anything, just for now, just to get started. Once you have things to sit on, sleep in, etc., you can then take your time and look for quality, used furniture.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:53 AM

We purchased our furniture from ROOMS TO GO (MBDR, dining room, living room). All other furniture came from Amazon, Wayfair and Joss and Main. Knicks/pictures we picked up from area consignment shops, Tuesday Morning, Home Goods. Completely furnished and kitchen/dining supplies for under $12,000. I shopped sales, price matching, etc. It took a few months of planning, but I am happy with everything we have.

Tags
furniture, ballpark, bedroom, living, idea

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.