checking out villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Default checking out villages

My husband,Tom, and I want to check out the villages to decide if it is the place for us. We were thinking of coming down in March and have a few questions. How long should we stay to get a good idea about the place?
What should we look at? What questions should we be asking? Where are the best places to look at? The Villages is so big it seems overwhelming to us now to know where to th;ink of choosing. Any other info you can give us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help. Judi
Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Sage
Default Re: checking out villages

Grammy:

Check out the "Revisiting TV and other Questions" topic - I just bumped it to the top of the list

Chuck
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Veteran member

Definitely go on the life preview program. You may find yourself visiting a few times because it is a big place but you will get a feeling after your first visit of what living there will have to offer. We are going in November and this will be our third visit. We never stay longer than four nights because of job commitments. I would stay at least four nights or longer if you can.

I'm sure after the first day, you will fall in love with the concept and the lifestyle.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Sage

We did the sucker bus (aka trolley tour) in Feb 06 and said we gotta come back. Plan was to come back in summer and rent for a month...to experience the lifestyle and Florida summer. Arrived on June 26th and bought a new house on July 7th..spent the rest of July doing all the pre-closing paperwork and financial maneuvers but still had a good time. I knew within those first few days that this was the place.

We specifically rented one model of designer home (from a private owner) to get a feel for the space and layout...turns out we liked another model better. If you rent a designer from TV, they will put you in a designer but you can't specify where or what model. From April til December you can do monthly (and perhaps weekly rentals) if you want something longer than the preview program.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:26 PM

I would suggest driving into some of the neighborhoods. The first time we went down, we came with another couple, and we were just enjoying the lifestyle - golfing, eating out, swimming, dancing, going on a trolley ride, etc. We did go to some open houses and met with our realtor. We decided at the end of our trip that we wanted to move there, so we came back a couple months later. That time, we really drove in and out of the neighborhoods and of course, met with our realtor, again. It gave us a better idea of which area we really liked. You don't know that if you just stay on the main roads. That was June. Both times we came down on the Lifestyle Plan. The first time we stayed a week and the second time we stayed 5 days. We're closing on our house on Monday and will move down around March. Now we're looking for a home at the Villages. If you had told me in last April that I'd be moving to The Villages, I wouldn't have believed you. I just thought I was coming for a vacation with friends. But, we really loved it! Enjoy your visit!
Old 09-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Sage

Grammy:

Bring your own bottled water - they put something in the local water that makes everything in TV seem wonderful.

LOL

Chuck
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-22-2007, 03:42 PM

I must add my two bits in...I had lived in Tampa for years approximately 15 years ago...moved back up north the last several years...I came down last winter for 4 months to look for that special place for 55 plus...believe it or not I did not hear about the Village's while I was down here...ran into some friends I know back home after I got back and they told me there sister bought a place in The Village's and proceeded to tell me about it...I went on the Internet...had the package sent with the DVD...called and drove down and stayed for six nights in a Designer home...hooked up with a Representative with the Villages...told them that location for a home was uno number one with me...she found the place and I bought...the follow up has been unbelievable...from being able to close without me being there...to the Empty Nester's Program they have set up to see my home is taken care of until I come down...it is unreal...and this website...such wonderful people...you learn so much...it is truly an "Adult Paradise" where... we all have been there and done that...we all want to live life to the max...just had to add my two bits! Thanks to all of you on!!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:28 AM

Big thank you to all of you for the info. We will follow your suggestions.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.