The furniture I like

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2007, 01:06 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default The furniture I like

Eddie, wish you would've asked my opinion, nothing is as good today as Pennsylvania House furniture. I have some pieces back from the early 60's and it's in the best condition but can use some refinishing. You've convinced me, I'm shipping all my stuff to TV when I move.

Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm convinced that some of the best furniture comes from pennsylvania , and by all means bring it with you ....personally I can't afford penn. furniture , but I do have two orange crates that have PENN STATE stenciled on the side and I would never part with them....

the poor fumar
Old 12-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI
Eddie, wish you would've asked my opinion, nothing is as good today as Pennsylvania House furniture. I have some pieces back from the early 60's and it's in the best condition but can use some refinishing. You've convinced me, I'm shipping all my stuff to TV when I move.

Kathie
Wish I had too Kathie,I should have known better. :dontknow:
Old 12-14-2007, 01:33 AM
Veteran member

Check out the Stickley brand. Haven't seen anything better anywhere.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Sage
Default Re: The furniture I like

Stickley furniture is beautiful and made very well but certainly pricey in my opinion. I would love to have at least one piece of Stickly to brag about. I think Ill stick to bargains and treasures consignment shop. ;D

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:05 AM

I am from New England with a house full of antiques. I am planning on selling them all and buying new when I get to TV, or should I bring them along?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Gold member

mmclover Here's what I did.
Like you I am from New England and had a house full of antiques I had collected and inherited from my parents. I carefully chose my absolute favorites , gave a couple of pieces to each of my kids and sold the rest at auction. It wasn't an easy process but I managed and have no regrets.I almost sold my dining room table till a friend reminded me about all the wonderful family celebrations that table has hosted. So, I kept it and will floridorize it with new chairs.The antiques I kept have been put in the guest bedroom and we call it the "New England Room" A few other pieces are scattered about the house.
I love that I will have some old and some new.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Sage

Beady,

Great idea, I too have a house full of antiques alot of them being of sentimental value. When the time comes to move to TV full time its going to be a difficult decision which ones to keep and which ones to part with. Sure dont want a huge house in TV to worry about, the smaller the better. Unfortunately my kids dont like my old stuff so will have to make the painful decision to part with most of it.

TV is a new chapter in our lives mabe its best to put the past in the past, in any case its a tough and painful decision.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Word of caution: If you have any antiques which you intend to sell or auction, make sure to have them appraised by a reputable appraiser!!!!

I live in New England, Boston to be exact. Our house is a mish mosh of odd articles of furniture. We will be bringing very few furniture items if any with us. Things we will bring: paintings and other art objects.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Gold member

I also collect antiques. After making the painful decision to start selling them. I started with my favorites. After that is was easier to part with other items.

I still haven't started to sell two collections I have - flow blue and Victorian vaseline glass.

Hubby wants a minimalist look with no dust collectors. Considering the decades I have been collecting, it is only fair he should have the look he wants. I am planning to keep some of my fun collectibles in my half of the closet, on the inside of the closet door.

I will have an old neon sign that still lights - cup of coffee with the aroma swirl.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 12-17-2007, 03:29 AM

I'm not a collector, but would love that neon coffee sign!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:34 AM
Gold member

Trav, I haven't seen it yet, only a picture. I am getting it this Tuesday.

You can visit it.

HB
Old 12-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Dancing Thyme

HB, did you order it on line? From a catalog? Come on, share it girl. I love anything that's neon. I have an old barber pole the kind that the stripes swirl when you turn it on. I'll have to hang it in a special place in my new home in TV. Oops, that's assuming I'm the one getting it.

JJ: Stickley is sending me a catalog. Do they have a store close to TV? Looks like good, quality furniture but would love to see it in person. We have a store here in Pasadena, which I'll check out before I move to TV.

Well, I guess we've highjacked this thread enough. :dontknow:
Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI
JJ: Stickley is sending me a catalog. Do they have a store close to TV? Looks like good, quality furniture but would love to see it in person. We have a store here in Pasadena, which I'll check out before I move to TV.

Kathie
Kathie -- Come visit me in Sybericuse and I'll take you to the factory. Beautiful stuff but very expensive. (Actually, snow and all, we love Syracuse.) Linda

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Veteran member

We bought several pieces of furniture at Robb & Stucky in Orlando and they deliver to TV. They carry many of the High End manufacturers and have a very large selection. Check them out on-line but it is worth the trip. I believe this company has several locations thru out Florida. Their customer service was very responsive to a small problem that developed with the foot lifting mechanism on the leather couch. Came out and fixed it at no charge. No questions asked. They even call us a couple of weeks later to see if we were satisfied. Good customer service is rare commodity today.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.