FSBO listings

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Default FSBO listings

Hi Friends,

Husband and I are planning on moving to TV this Fall or Winter. How does one find a list of FSBO homes in TV when we are in NH? Is there a website out there that represents TV homes? FSBO homes are conspicuously absent from the Daily Sun by internet. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:15 AM
Default Re: FSBO listings

Don't know about how many FSBO there are. But you might want to check out this site for all the listings on the MLS.
http://www.lylesellsfla.com.preview....services.shtml
Old 09-15-2007, 06:56 AM

Hi Peg,
I've just listed my one bedroom (991 sq ft) Ashland villa for sale by owner on this website. There are several other sites you can search for homes without going thru the Properties of the Villages realty dept. For the multiple (MLS) listings of the local or nationwide realtors, check out www.realtor.com (use zip code 32162 or 32159 for Lady Lake/The Villages). Also you can check out www.zillow.com where owners can list their homes for free (mine is listed there too). There are several local realtors who market The Villages houses by advertising in The Villages Daily Sun. My suggestion would be to rent a villa first, then look around before you decide which area of The Villages you want to buy a house in. You can look at rentals by owners at www.thevillages4rent.com . Good luck to you.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Veteran member

For any of you thinking of putting your home on the market by owner, beware of Zillow. They will do an on line search in your area and find recent sales. They will then use those sales to establish a Zillow value for your home. In my case,even though we listed with a realtor, I put the listing on Zillow. Zillow then gathered comps online using one sale at 80,000, 2 others at 120,000 and several in the 200,000 range to establish the value of our home. It was way way below what it cost to build 9 years ago. I tried to get them to correct it and to use valid comps but they ignored all requests. I finally wrote to the CEO and he also ignored the request. I then tried to delete the home and they won't allow you to do that. So the end result was they showed my place being grossly overpriced based on faulty data and refused to address the situation. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Sage

You gotta take Zillow prices with a pound of salt - our house (and other similar ones in our area)in Ca has a Zillow value 20% lower than a couple identical ones in our subdivision. Recent sales have been about in the mid range of the two values.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.