Future projected growth of TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Veteran member

I spent 40 years of my life in sales and sales management with large companies. When I moved here in 2012 and the agent said "these are going be the last 1000 homes we will build. You need to buy now!" I kind of laughed because I had seen the current sales that year and before. If there is a demand for homes here they will build them. When the demand stops or slows to a point that it is not worth their effort or investment then they will stop. When that will be no one knows. The only other things that will be a possible issue is land and water. My biggest concern now is having enough Championship golf courses.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Sage

The golf courses and rec centers are scaled up in numbers as more houses are built. For example, there appears to be about 1500 homes per executive golf course. There is also a locality issue as I believe most people use the amenities closest to their home so what happens on one end of The Villages doesn't impact you all that much. The roads can be a bigger issue but again most people use shopping, amenities close to their home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
Nothing stays the same, having said that my opinion is that with the added housing comes more and more people and more and more cars. If you think it is crowded or congested now when the snowbirds are here and the golf courses and rec classes are crowded-- just wait because it isn't going to get better.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinricci View Post
I can't wait for the monorail that runs from Brownwood to Disney.
That's funny.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The biggest problem I see with the growth is future demographics. Retireing baby boomer's with savings, pensions, and social security will buy up the homes and enjoy the lifestyle. What will happen when this generation dies off. The generations next in line are smaller in numbers, no longer work for companies with pensions, don't have the same passion for golf, and who knows what will be the state of social security? The supply and demand balance will be very different in 20 - 30 years. Oh well, not really our problem, our children will have to deal with this when they inherit our homes.
But, but... didn't most of us baby boomers have 2+ children? All those kids will be retiring too. Where are they going to retire? I know one of ours is headed to TV.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
I can speak to that to a certain degree. There seems to be a growing number of people like me - not ready for retirement but really attracted to TV and the lifestyle. But my job allows me to work from home. As long as I have reliable internet and am reasonably close to an airport for when I need to travel on business. I've heard it referred to as "pre-tirement". So, I don't have to wait to fully retire to relocate. There is a growing club in TV called South of Sixty (SOS). I'm fairly sure the majority of that group have similar circumstances to mine. We may not fill all of the future voids, but will likely make up a part of them.
What a very insightful post. This is so true! I have been looking at finally retiring down there in a few years and using that same strategy of finding a work from home job. Things are more and more available every day.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 04-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinricci View Post
I can't wait for the monorail that runs from Brownwood to Disney.
When they build down to highway 50 Disney just few blocks away

Actually if the MMP would of followed the high powered lines with only three tunnels you would had straight shot from Lopez through Spanish springs, colony, all way to 44? Could of been the golf cart autobahn.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
I can speak to that to a certain degree. There seems to be a growing number of people like me - not ready for retirement but really attracted to TV and the lifestyle. But my job allows me to work from home. As long as I have reliable internet and am reasonably close to an airport for when I need to travel on business. I've heard it referred to as "pre-tirement". So, I don't have to wait to fully retire to relocate. There is a growing club in TV called South of Sixty (SOS). I'm fairly sure the majority of that group have similar circumstances to mine. We may not fill all of the future voids, but will likely make up a part of them.
Do you have to show your drivers lic. to join the South of Sixty Club?
Old 04-06-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
Not sure - you hiding something?

I haven't officially joined yet - just a member of their facebook group for now. Once I get down there, I'll go to a meeting and let you know if I get carded.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
The answer to that is yes you do have to show your drivers license. Once you turn 60 you can no longer remain in the group.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The answer to that is yes you do have to show your drivers license. Once you turn 60 you can no longer remain in the group.[/QUOTE]

Do they have a ceremony? Do they give you a wheelchair or a coffin?

What do people do in a club with age restrictions that they cannot do in a club without age restrictions?

I really want to know the answer even if it is blunt. I am really curious. I could never exclude anyone because of their advanced age. I am trying to avoid being around other people's teenagers though.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:29 AM
Sage

Just like Sugar Mountain only the age limit is 60, not 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
The answer to that is yes you do have to show your drivers license. Once you turn 60 you can no longer remain in the group.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Do they have a ceremony? Do they give you a wheelchair or a coffin?

What do people do in a club with age restrictions that they cannot do in a club without age restrictions?

I really want to know the answer even if it is blunt. I am really curious. I could never exclude anyone because of their advanced age. I am trying to avoid being around other people's teenagers though. [/QUOTE]

Gracie I don't know the answers to your questions. I am not a member of that group, but I have some friends who are.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:06 AM
Sage

Maybe they stay up later.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The biggest problem I see with the growth is future demographics. Retireing baby boomer's with savings, pensions, and social security will buy up the homes and enjoy the lifestyle. What will happen when this generation dies off. The generations next in line are smaller in numbers, no longer work for companies with pensions, don't have the same passion for golf, and who knows what will be the state of social security? The supply and demand balance will be very different in 20 - 30 years. Oh well, not really our problem, our children will have to deal with this when they inherit our homes.
I have no idea where you got your information, but I couldn't disagree more. As much as many love to bash them, millenials are actually better with money than boomers or gen X according to the article linked below. Don't have the same passion for golf? Not only is there passion, they're actually starting at a MUCH younger age than we did! See second article linked below.
Millennials are more financially responsible than Boomers or Gen X

Number of golfers steady, more beginners coming from millennials - Golf Digest
Old 04-14-2018, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
I have no idea where you got your information, but I couldn't disagree more. As much as many love to bash them, millenials are actually better with money than boomers or gen X according to the article linked below. Don't have the same passion for golf? Not only is there passion, they're actually starting at a MUCH younger age than we did! See second article linked below.
Millennials are more financially responsible than Boomers or Gen X

Number of golfers steady, more beginners coming from millennials - Golf Digest
Millennials Learn How to Save Money Better Than Parents | Money

HOWEVER...a summary paragraph inside this article says this;

"The survey findings don’t necessarily indicate that millennials are better at saving than baby boomers, or that they have more money saved up than their parents’ generation. Boomers are actually much more likely than millennials to have at least six months’ worth of savings (38 percent vs. 23 percent). Yet more millennials than boomers have some emergency savings."

Tags
future, growing, growth, remain, character

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.