Future projected growth of TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2018, 01:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
At first the thought of an under 60 group put me off but after some consideration I came to appreciate how beneficial it could be for many reasons. Great idea!
I don't know why the ones who show such disdain for people not in their "perfect" generation are the first to whine about not being able to join a club of the same people.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
I don't know why the ones who show such disdain for people not in their "perfect" generation are the first to whine about not being able to join a club of the same people.
Mercy!

Quote:
Wait until it's your turn to be excluded because of your age.

I am going to take really good care of myself so I can see that.

Last edited by Moderator; 04-14-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Mercy!

Wait until it's your turn to be excluded because of your age.

I am going to take really good care of myself so I can see that.
I am already excluded from things because of my age. I just find things to do that make me happy instead of whining on a message board about it.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:33 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
I am already excluded from things because of my age. I just find things to do that make me happy instead of whining on a message board about it.
Me, too. I am 76.

The under 60s are newcomers to their senior years. They can get together, make new friends who are likely to live another 20 - 30 or more years, discuss how they will insure medically until they hit 65 and can get Medicare, stay up late, party hardy, drive at night, even drive all night, travel for mountain climbing, sky diving, scuba or the like. God bless them. Life is a series of phases. May everyone get the most enjoyment possible from where they are in life.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 04-14-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Can you NOT seriously think of this as a housing project now(unlike any other by the way)with over 100, 000 residents? Sheesh!
Old 04-14-2018, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Can you NOT seriously think of this as a housing project now(unlike any other by the way)with over 100, 000 residents? Sheesh!
The Villages? A housing project?

This is lower Paradise. This place has the amassed wisdom of thousands of people who have lived more than five decades. This place has the highest credit rating of any place in this country. We have successful people here and humor and so much artistic talent and creativity too. Artists and musicians and scientists and business CEO's and people who have raised incredible children and started or chaired all kinds of useful projects across this country.

A HOUSING PROJECT? Holy bowlegged sarah!!!!

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-15-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
A community with some homes can sell for up to 1.9 million, gives new meaning to Housing Project
Old 04-15-2018, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:

Housing project?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:54 AM
Sage

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"
Old 04-15-2018, 05:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Noooooo.....I have seen housing projects and this isn't a housing project.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-16-2018, 05:56 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
For some of us it already has lost the initial sparkle. I purchased near Spanish Springs the year Lake Sumter opened. I picked SS because I liked the feel of the square, Katie Belles, and Church on the Square. My main hobby is music. The population has more than tripled and the "friendliest hometown" feeling has disappeared for me along with two of my favorite venues. Also as with most items the first experiences are the best and as familiarity sets in some of the small warts become more visible. I am not saying that I don't like it here any more just not quite as much as in the beginning. And I know the critics are coming at me now so "no I don't know of a better place".

I suspect with most people "will the character be lost" is a reference to the time at which they moved here. Like me for some it already has. Carpe Diem
It has been lost for me. Built in 2005 and loved the church on the square, and especially Katie Belles. Even more when Katie Belles was for residents only. Still love it here but just not as much now
Old 04-16-2018, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
It has been lost for me. Built in 2005 and loved the church on the square, and especially Katie Belles. Even more when Katie Belles was for residents only. Still love it here but just not as much now
The inference, as I read it, is that something has changed to make it like less now than day one.

However, like most things, with familiarity comes the risk of boredom/ho hum/not as fun/etc. So even if TV was today exactly as it was on day one you would still not like it as much as day one.

For some of us all we can say is TV has improved each and every year since our day one....15 years and counting.

Our basis for comparison is all national brands of retail/restaurants and shopping locations that would not be here if TV stayed at 35,000 (15 years ago).

More traffic? Yes. More people? Yes.
The trade off we now have more of everything (pretty general I know!).

And no matter how familiar or bored some can become....TV is better than where we came from.....and better than most places one can elect to retire into!!!
Old 04-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
Do you remember what those little concerts in the church cost? I remember it was less then a movie. I always wondered what the entertainer was paid. Both place were a unique venue.
Closed Thread

Tags
future, growing, growth, remain, character

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.