FYI Irrigation system Billing WRONG

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 07:51 AM
Veteran member
Default FYI Irrigation system Billing WRONG

Just a FYI to everyone.
I have had my sprinklers off for better than two months!
Yesterday i get a bill with 9150 gallons of usage.
My system is :
NOT LEAKING;
HAS NOT TURNED ON;
Controller is Function Properly;

I called today in the villages 352-750-0000 to make them aware of there problem!
The woman said we get alot of calls on this exact issue all the time and it is usually a problem with a leak or faulty controller.
My Husband again reiterated to her that he checked the system himself at the curb box to be sure the odometer was indeed working at the curb box and he put a couple gallons of water through the system to verify this and it was definitely a problem on THERE END!

Well as i was writing this the lady had called back
And stated something i missed on the lower left of the bill which stated the bill was estimated due to IRMA; she also apologized for missing this and said she didn't have her computer booted up when i called! ( poor Gal sounded like she hadn't had her first couple of coffee either and she wasn't fully booted up either. Very Nice lady!!!!
I said well thank you for catching that, i missed that also but i don't want to advance the CSU any moneys that i didn't use even though the next month bill will even everything out.
The lady was very nice and will send me out a reflected bill that i can pay.
Just FYI FOLKS.
It is easy to check to see if you have a leak or that the meter is working on the curb box for either your domestic water (what is used in your Home) or sprinkler water.
shut everything down and watch the meter little spinning dial. If it doesn't move after a few minutes or longer it is safe to say you have a tight system (if it is a very slow leak you may have to watch it alot longer) then to check to see if the meter odometer is working turn on a faucet or sprinkler zone to see if the meter odometer is counting. These utility meters mechanical are pretty bullet proof, it is the electronic sensor in the meters to the receivers on top of the curb boxes that are susceptible to lighting strikes etc that malfunction.
These simple checks will save the CSU alot of headaches and keep are amenities down. They are working there tails off cleaning up IRMA and i think they are doing a great job!!!
Old 09-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Bosoxfan

Very good post. Thank you for the info
Old 09-22-2017, 09:21 AM

Looking at my recent bill now. Do not see any notation about estimate due to hurricane Irma! Perhaps it was only some areas that had to use an estimate.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

VERY NICE POST!
Old 09-22-2017, 09:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
Looking at my recent bill now. Do not see any notation about estimate due to hurricane Irma! Perhaps it was only some areas that had to use an estimate.
seems to be effecting south of 466a c830 district and up
Old 09-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Platinum member

Hi, I'm north of 466a and my bill was also estimated. Maybe it's the billing cycle?
Old 09-22-2017, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

There is a notation on my bill that identifies which bills were estimated by your billing number. I am having my meter checked and will check the system also since I was billed for 8K irrigation gallons with a turned off system. My billing for potable seemed in line so I am also checking the controller and for leaks.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-22-2017, 02:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Just a word of caution. If you have a problem let them come out and check! Why you ask IF you open the box which your not supposed to and break the wire especially on the NEW boxes that are being used you will be billed for the repair. Don't believe me call and ask them. That is their box not yours. Trust me
Old 09-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Just a word of caution. If you have a problem let them come out and check! Why you ask IF you open the box which your not supposed to and break the wire especially on the NEW boxes that are being used you will be billed for the repair. Don't believe me call and ask them. That is their box not yours. Trust me
if its on my property its my box! just a little FYI a lot of the boxes are not in the ease-mans. on top of the shut off's are in the boxes and you are responsible from the meter out.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:14 PM

Just rec'd ESTIMATED CDD bill for District 4- water off since end of June, irrigation on one day, etc. Estimate for household water over 1,000 gal (house empty and last Sept was 0); irrigation 3,000 gal higher than LAST Sept when on TWO days week. Regardless of adjustment next month can't help but feel residents are being gouged to pay for TV Irma cleanup costs. I'll pay it but VERY unhappy.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
if its on my property its my box! just a little FYI a lot of the boxes are not in the ease-mans. on top of the shut off's are in the boxes and you are responsible from the meter out.
Speaking from experience be careful !

Tags
bill, system, curb, meter, called

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.